Fortnightly Writing Competition - A CRIMSON SHADE OF BLUE (Results)

Started by Sinitrena, Mon 27/07/2015 21:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

You need a motivational coach, P.  Someone who knows how to push your buttons and is remunerated in highly depreciated foreign currency. ;)

Sinitrena

Well, apparently, Ponch needs a motivational coach to write and some other people need one to vote. :~(:~(:~(

Nevertheless, voting is officially over and the results are in:

1. place with a staggering 6 votes: Baron

I love your quirky characters with strange speech patterns. You had probably the most purple prose in your entry and your descriptions were a lovely kind of absurd. I laughed a few times. A perfect use of the topic.

A close 2. place with 5 votes: kconan

While your plot seems very simple when you summirize your story (a man thinks he gets a promotion and is fired instead), the execution makes for a fascinating story. I love how the descriptions of the co-workers change with every time Johnson gets past them, depending on his mood. I'm just not sure if this is the best story to use purple prose. It would probably benefit from a cleaner style that allows for even more variation in the descriptions.

Our 3. place  goes to Stupot+ with 3 votes.

If I had voted, you'd have gotten my vote for best atmosphere. It's short but sweet. Even though it is a complete story as is and even has a plot twist in the end, I think it should have been longer. I wanted to read more, see more of the world you created in such a short piece.

Dualnames: You also have a lot of atmosphere for such a short text, but it's unfortunate that it is unfinished. As a reader, you can't really tell yet where it could go as a story.

Mandle: Nice use of alliterations and I guess true art is incomprehensible.

All right, that's it for this Fortnightly Writing Competition.
Baron, it's your turn (again)!

kconan

Baron's streak continues...Congrats

Fun game and good topic guys, thanks!

Baron

I think if more voters had turned out you'd have had me, kconan.  I thought yours was the purplest nurplest piece out there, and it had me laughing quite a bit. ;-D

As for me, thanks for all the votes folks!  Although truthfully I'm beginning to feel less like a struggling writer and more like an institution these days.... (roll)  Anyway, I'll rack my brain for a novel topic and get back to you shortly.

kconan

I just have to say that after this competition I wrote a few trip reports for my work, and I purple prosed them!  Had to do some modifications for readability purposes after-the-fact...

Dualnames

I DEMAND MY HONOR BACK, OBVIOUSLY I HAVE NOT LOST TO BARON!

MY ENTRY WAS GOING TO BE WORKED ON, BUT HONESTLY I HAVE SO LITTLE TIME LATELY, SO I DEMAND THAT BARON GIVES ME THE AWARD AS AN APOLOGY OF HIM PRETENDING HE WOULD EVER WIN ME IN A BATTLE OF THE PENS.
CAPS LOCK DAY, BOYS
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk