MAGS September: "Stephen King" (OPEN)

Started by Atelier, Wed 02/09/2015 11:09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 06/10/2015 03:13:00
I kept that as invisible as I thought it was more fun when the scores were announced at the end of voting. Would folks prefer to see the current standings? If so I can easily make the change.

I guess it's only me, but I liked seeing who was in the lead. I can understand it might have been removed because it was influencing the outcome of voting though. I think the way most sites with voting handle this is to hide the results until you've voted. Maybe that's the way to go.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Quote from: Gurok on Sat 10/10/2015 00:54:18
Quote from: Stupot+ on Tue 06/10/2015 03:13:00
I kept that as invisible as I thought it was more fun when the scores were announced at the end of voting. Would folks prefer to see the current standings? If so I can easily make the change.

I guess it's only me, but I liked seeing who was in the lead. I can understand it might have been removed because it was influencing the outcome of voting though. I think the way most sites with voting handle this is to hide the results until you've voted. Maybe that's the way to go.
That's possible too, but the trouble is that it goes by IP address, which kind of doesn't really work. IP addresses constantly change so when you come back to check the score later it will show you the unvoted page again.

I'll set it to public, why not.

By the way folks. We need more votes. Only 4 so far.

Stupot

There's only about a day left of voting.

The winner will be announced in about 24hrs ish :-)

Stupot

The winner of MAGS September 2015 is:
Grok with 4 votes to Mandle's 3.

Well done Grok. You'll get a PM shortly inviting you to choose a theme for November's competition, which will start on 1st of the month.

For anyone wondering what happened to October's MAGS, well, there isn't one. But vertigoaddict and Chicky hav chosen cracking theme which will be the topic of December's competition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk