Jacqueline White; Bad Trouble in the Red Desert

Started by Shadow1000, Fri 04/09/2015 21:43:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Great game so far but I'm stuck!

Spoiler
I'm playing the last word game. I'm stuck at Kill Phil. I've looked at every poster in the game and spoke to everyone in the game again. I've visited every area again in case I missed a poster. I have no idea how to proceed. I have used the hints but they are not helping.

One hint is something like have you made a wrong turn? are you in danger of (something or other)? I assume this was a reference to one of the Highway Danger/Hazard posters but that doesn't help me get a poster starting with Phil. Another one is to look at the Oasis billboard outside Metcalfe. I looked at that repeatedly but don't know what that is supposed to help
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Quote from: HandsFree on Fri 04/09/2015 21:56:19
Spoiler
The smoking room?
[close]

Spoiler
There's only one poster there: 50 ways to make a fortune. I also spoke to everyone there. Am I missing something?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: HandsFree on Fri 04/09/2015 22:09:32
Spoiler
Not fifty ways. FILthy ways.
[close]

Spoiler
I see. I did not know what those scrawls were on the poster until I was given the solution and then used some imagination. Thank you

I'm stuck again because I don't know how to get "hazards of helene" in the list. I see it on the billboard but that won't put it in my dialogue options
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

HandsFree

Spoiler
But you got Filthy ways in your list, so when you were asked for a title starting with phil...
[close]

Spoiler
What title got on the list then, because you looked at the hazards of helene poster?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: HandsFree on Fri 04/09/2015 22:23:08
Spoiler
But you got Filthy ways in your list, so when you were asked for a title starting with phil...
[close]

Spoiler
What title got on the list then, because you looked at the hazards of helene poster?
[close]

I don't know. I saw that one before the game started so I'll guess that it's
Spoiler
oasis
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: HandsFree on Fri 04/09/2015 23:55:44
Why don't you try that then?

Because that didn't conform to the rules. Anyway, thank you for your help!

SHADOW

HandsFree

No problem. Hopefully the in-game hints are adequate for the other puzzles... (but let us know if they aren't) ???

Shadow1000

Quote from: HandsFree on Sun 06/09/2015 02:33:19
No problem. Hopefully the in-game hints are adequate for the other puzzles... (but let us know if they aren't) ???

So far it's really a good game. The reason I had trouble was
Spoiler
because rules were established for the game and the solution didn't follow the rules.
[close]
But I want to keep playing because aside from that part, I'm really enjoying it, including the puzzles. I assume that thorough play testing was conducted by players outside the group of those who developed it to make sure that the puzzles are reasonably solved by players, at least in conjunction with the hints, right?

SHADOW

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 06/09/2015 03:36:11

-------
I assume that thorough play testing was conducted by players outside the group of those who developed it to make sure that the puzzles are reasonably solved by players, at least in conjunction with the hints, right?

morganw has helped us with test-playing (and proof-reading) and he has done a great job. Any remaining issues are in no way his fault.
He too had some problem with this point which resulted in a special hint being put in to help with this part of the puzzle.

Spoiler
Which serial is 'Oasis of Fear' a part of? Look at the outside of the Metcalf's store.
[close]

Did you get that hint?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Sun 06/09/2015 10:33:42

morganw has helped us with test-playing (and proof-reading) and he has done a great job. Any remaining issues are in no way his fault.
He too had some problem with this point which resulted in a special hint being put in to help with this part of the puzzle.

Spoiler
Which serial is 'Oasis of Fear' a part of? Look at the outside of the Metcalf's store.
[close]

Did you get that hint?

Hey, Grok

Awesome game so far! No, that hint didn't help. As I explained
Spoiler
the rules of the game were that the word was supposed to match. Being part of a series may relate the movies but doesn't make the words match so it didn't occur to me that the solution to the puzzle was to use Oasis of Fear. I had expected there to be a way to get "Hazards" into the list somehow.
[close]

Anyway, just because I didn't get the solution doesn't mean that it's not a valid puzzle. If even some of the play testers figured this one out then my not getting it doesn't make it a bad puzzle. I don't expect every player to figure out every puzzle :) Either way, the other puzzles are fun and clever so running into this one is no biggie to me.

SHADOW

shaguar

Hi,
i love this game but i seem to have encountered a bug.
Spoiler
I have discovered the Note. Hint function says "klick on letters in the note to cross them out", but none of the letters seem to be clickable.
[close]

HandsFree

Hm, maybe the hint is not entirely appropriate at this point.
Did you find
Spoiler
another note with letters already crossed out
[close]

shaguar

Spoiler
Nope. Only the one in the lost and found Object after the last word puzzle.
I guessed that it was an "do that first" issue.
[close]

Thanks for the direction !

EDIT:
Found it !
Yes, it would be impossible to have the Hero talking about not understanding the hint from outside her world.
Maybe if she would say somthing like "I can't make anything of this ! Maybe i need another clue ..."

Uziel

Completely loving this game... but I've hit a wall.

Spoiler
Trying to open the judge's box... but I can't work out the riddle about black witches bathing. I was contemplating all kinds of things about witches bathing at midnight... and hitting the white button 12 times, then hitting the black button, and all manner of other sequences. Finally stumped though in this game. First puzzle to really catch me out.
[close]

Help?

HandsFree

Did you notice that
Spoiler
Every word in the riddle starts with B or W?
[close]

Uziel

Can't believe I missed that. Finished the game. Absolutely, wonderful stuff!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Beautiful game! But something seems off to me, maybe I'm not trying hard enough  ???
Spoiler
I've just got back from the hospital, I think I need to go to the Bar (not available yet), back at the Studio the guy in the smoking room says Edwards wants to talk to me about the train stunt.. Edwards doesn't mention it at all, not sure what to do know.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk