[Winners] SPRITE JAM: Villains, bosses and henchmen - until 30th september

Started by Grok, Fri 11/09/2015 17:04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Amayirot Akago

Since I've been experimenting with 16 color pixel art, I figured I'd give this thing a shot to give myself some practice (with a big thank you to my buddy Derkasnake for his advice). Behold, the mysterious galactic mastermind known only as "Cain", who is spoken of in hushed tones. Rumor has it he's collected DNA from dozens of alien species to enhance himself with. If his evil eye should fall upon you, you're probably already dead. Or his next test subject.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Grok

Nice entry Amayirot Akago. I can feel that evil eye :)

---

This is the last day of the Jam. Anyone more who wants to show of a villain, boss or henchman, this is the time to do it.

Superkumi

I'm a lousy artist, but what the hell:

EDIT: And after 30 minutes of fidgeting around I actually managed to enlarge it without harming the intricate details!

SilverSpook

Hey, that's pretty cool actually!  Kind of looks like my beef broccoli at the Chinese restaurant the first time I tried those special mushrooms.

Grok

Time to Vote

We have a good turn out to this jam. A lot of entries, and very good entries at that.

An excellent job everyone.

The entries are

1. The Baron

2. The Salesman
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/2L4gODr.png[/imgzoom]   

3. Bonesy

4. Lord Crimson with Henchbot 1.0

5. Spectre
[imgzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/BSG78/Specter_Front_Final_Small.png[/imgzoom]

6.Head Lock

7. Cain

8. What the Hell

This is how you vote.

You may vote for first, second and third place.
A first place vote is worth 3 points,
a second place vote is worth 2 points and
a third place vote is worth 1 point.

Most points win. In case of a tie for first place I'll use my casting vote to decide the winner (and host of the next jam).

Last day for voting is October 8.

Cassiebsg

Might as well start. :-D

1st. Lord Crimson with Henchbot 1.0
2nd. The Baron
3rd. The Salesman 
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

kconan

1. The Salesman
2. Head Lock
3. Lord Crimson with Henchbot 1.0

selmiak

1. Spectre
That's obviously an alien with a glowing brain. There are probably more of them. They can do mean stuff! Mean purple stuff!

2. Salesman
Cool pixelart and he has something really evil to him!

3. Lord Crimson with Henchbot 1.0
Lord Crimson is cool but probably a pain in the ass to animate.

Speaking of animated stuff, Bonesy is the cutest villain EVER! There, I even capitalized it!

Amayirot Akago

1. Lord Crimson With Henchbot 1.0
2. The Salesman
3. The Baron
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mad

1. The Baron - although he has not got the classic evil look, one instantly recognises some sinister intent. I also like the line art a lot.
2. The Salesman - nice, functional pixel art.
3. Bonesy - very cute, but still obviously henchman material. Could give those yellow b@$#@rds a run for their merchandise money!

Hobo

Myinah

I have to vote:

1. Bonesy because he reminds me of a mario type henchman.
2. Spectre because it reminds me of a unique looking persona villain.
3. Head Lock because I love a robot baddie

All great entries though!

Grok

Thank you, all participants and voters, for making this a very nice Jam.

A lot of entries and very good ones at that. Good job everyone!

The votes have been counted and these are the results.

First place
11 pointsLord Crimson by Mad

Second place
10 pointsThe Salesman by Hobo

Shared Third place
8 points

The Baron by Misj'      The Spectre by Cassiebsg     

Congratulations Mad to the first place and the honor of organizing th next Sprite Jam.
I can hardly wait to see what you will come up with :)

And once again; great job everyone.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Amayirot Akago

Congrats Mad, well-deserved win ;) Everyone else did good too. Shame I didn't get any votes, but hey, perhaps next time.

SilverSpook

Don't feel too bad, there were a whole lot of entries! 

Congrats everyone! 

Superkumi

Mad

Thanks a lot, everyone!

That was a tight one, not the least of which is down to the great standard and variety of the entries!
Hope to see you all participate in the next jam...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk