Dislocation - (OROW - 2015)

Started by SilverSpook, Mon 07/09/2015 11:28:44

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

An underpaid detective and his over-educated, underemployed Millenial partner get quantum entangled in a crime involving quantum computing, quant Wall Street criminals, quantum teleportation, and quantum mechanical paradoxes.

Will detective Bohr become the next Donald Trump with a penthouse suite and a trophy wife, or die of a heart attack alone in a dingy apartment? Or is there another possible endstate? Only you can collapse the wave function and decide!

This is the *full* version of the game, over twice as long as the OROW competition entry, complete with moral decisions, multi-endings, and 120% more quantum teleportation.

Features

• Handcrafted backgrounds
  • At least four endings
  • More witty banter than Robert Downey Jr. on crack-spiked Red Bull.

Silverspook - Story and Programming

Creamy - Graphics and Animation

Eleusis88 - Music

Download Dislocation

Created for OROW 2015

Stupot

Can't wait to play this. It was already my best game of OROW and now you tell me it's twice as good?

:-D

SilverSpook

Thanks Stupot+ for the support.  :)

It's longer, definitely, and hopefully better!  At least I feel a whole lot better having wrapped the loose ends up.  Racing to meet the OROW deadline and having to toss out the half-finished thing with a complete script in Google Docs was like having a brain-splinter for the rest of the week.  I got so OCD about finishing the game that I actually took some time at work to get it done the next day, but given the anonymity constraint, still couldn't release of course.

Shadow1000

I finished the game but there seems to be a weird bug in the gameplay. Mind if I PM it to you?

SHADOW

SilverSpook

Sure thing, Shadow!  Bug reports are welcome.

kconan

Cool, enjoyed the OROW entry and looking forward to checking out this version!

SilverSpook

Thanks, I had a great time with Flophouse as well!

SilverSpook

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 08/09/2015 02:36:29
I finished the game but there seems to be a weird bug in the gameplay. Mind if I PM it to you?

SHADOW

The bug has been fixed, along with a few other issues having to do with the final bit involving unintentional fire-crossing.

Hope it works ok now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk