The Points Game

Started by Mandle, Fri 18/09/2015 00:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

cat: 2pts

I corrected Cassiebsg's entry to 1 point

Stupot

Ging gang goolie goolie goolie goolie watch ya.

AnasAbdin

Baron

Peace, Love and AGS

Stupot

Frankly I'm no wiser than I was several pages ago. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with word count, letter count, punctuation or grammar. Which means it's some other evil trick. :-\

Superkumi

Unless we somehow get more points for very long messages, which is pure evil since finding the solution in these posts would be difficult. Oh well, gotta try, don't we? What's the worst that can happen? Will we blow up? No! 50 years from now we'll look back at this and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and still won't know what the bloody rule is. By the way, what happens if I say (laugh)? Or :shocked:? :confused:? Well, let's see what comes of all this.

Mandle

Hmmmm...a ways back cat got 1 point for saying "Cassiebsg" but Cassie just got 2 points for saying the exact same thing. So there is either a difference in points from user to user or something is changing over time...

Stupot

Yeah I think it has little or nothing to do with the actual text we are writing.

selmiak

It's probably the cross sum of all letters. Or the posts on every page even add up.

AnasAbdin

Baron: 1pt
Stupot: 4pts
Superkumi: POST EXCEEDS 200 CHARACTERS
Mandle: POST EXCEEDS 200 CHARACTERS
Stupot: 2pts
selmiak: 1pt

If you want hints I'm ready...

Superkumi

Is there a minimum amount of characters?

AnasAbdin

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 16/10/2015 13:48:23
If you want hints I'm ready...

Personally, I really don't see the point (no pun intended) of hints in this game: The mystery will be solved via the hints a bit faster than it would have been solved normally, and everyone who participated will go away feeling like a cheap route was taken to get to the answer. Even if you hide the hints the winner will know that everyone will just assume they looked at the hints even if they didn't: Thier glory is tarnished. And then, once the mystery is solved we just move onto another one anyway. It's not like an adventure game where progress stops while you are stumped: Progress is made with every new score update. It's just a matter of how long it takes for somebody to get that "click" moment where everything fits...Hints will just cheapen that moment for the winner.

And especially after the round has gone on this long I personally have no desire for any hints. I'm invested in solving it and hints would just destroy my interest in continuing to try. Just the way I feel of course...

AnasAbdin

Mandle: POST EXCEEDS 200 CHARACTERS

Cassiebsg

cassiebsg cassie bsg Cassiebsg Cassie bsg Cass ie b s g
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

selmiak

cassiebsg cassie bsg Cassiebsg Cassie bsg Cass ie b s g cassie

AnasAbdin

Cassiebsg

Solution: One point for every "AGS" you can write per post. Nickname included in the count?

(No, I haven't checked ever single post, only the last 2-3 pages... (roll) )
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Cassiebsg: CORRECT!!!! (laugh)

--------LEADERBOARD--------

Stupot: 4
AnasAbdin: 2
Wyz: 1
Mandle: 1
Cassiebsg: 1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk