The Points Game

Started by Mandle, Fri 18/09/2015 00:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Wow!!!
Guess I need to share the glory with cat, for noticing that I got a point no mater what I posted. And Baron for his "Peace, Love and AGS" post. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

I know! When I saw Baron's post "Peace, Love and AGS" my heart sank! Also 1000000 kudos to cat for being a true persistent AGSer :-* and to all for the great team work 8-)

Congrats Cassiebsg :)

Stupot

Dafuq?
Nice work Cassie.
I'm pretty sure the AGS count had occurred to me a while back but I wouldn't have thought to include the nickname. Nice devious puzzle Anas.

AnasAbdin

Thanks mate (nod)
I'm gonna have a power nap until you start the new round. My phone's auto complete suggests 0pts, 1pt, 2pts all the time now (laugh)

Mandle

Hahaha!!! AWESOME WORK CASSIE!!! You said this game makes you feel stupid and then you solve the round that had everyone stumped for forever!!! (You a hustler, Cassie?)

I also considered the AGS thing at one point, and spent ages trying to connect characters in the post with characters in the username, but never thought to make the post and the username one entity. I even tried a few more outlandish methods, which I won't say here as they actually gave me good ideas if I host future rounds. I guess trying to solve a round like this probably gives everyone new ideas as well as their own attempts become more and more fringe.

And finally: Cheers AnasAbdin for a great round! I hope your phone recovers from its OCD issues at some point...

Stupot

Is it me, or does Cassie want a go for winning the last round?

AnasAbdin

I think Cassie deserved it. ..If papa Mandle is okay with it  :-D

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 18/10/2015 06:43:46
I think Cassie deserved it. ..If papa Mandle is okay with it  :-D

That's cool with me, if Cassie wants to host a round of course.

Cassiebsg

Ahmm.. I really don't have the time to host and I'm bad at counting. :-[

AnasAbdin

Then I guess Stu will be counting a lot.

cat

Congrats, Cassiebsg! I figured out that the nickname was included in counting, but I'd never have guessed the hidden AGS.
Nice rule, AnasAbdin!
I also like that the puzzle was solved almost immediately after Mandle said we don't want any hints :-D

AnasAbdin

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sun 18/10/2015 19:03:52
Stu? HELLO???

Hahaha! That looks classic right there next to your avatar...

Baron

Peace, Love and AGS ;-D

Stupot

Starting from Cassie's post

Cassie: 6
Anas: 3
Cat: POST EXCEEDS MY BOTHEREDNESS TO COUNT :-D
Anas: 0
Mandle: 8
Baron: 3

Mandle

Solution: The points equal the count of the most repeated vowel in the post. If no vowels are repeated the score is zero.

Mandle

I aaaaaaaabsolutely must know if I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaave the correct aaaaaaaaaanswer!!!

Mandle

Stupot

Mandle: nope
Mandle: 33 pts
Mandle 1 pt

So yeah, clearly you're onto it but your solution isn't what I have in mind

Cassiebsg

Solution: 1 point for how many times the first vowel of the previous poster is repeated in the post?
(just riding Mandle's wave... )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk