Kumpel: 6pts
Kumpel: 7pts
Kumpel: 8pts
Kumpel: 9pts

Cassiebsg: No.
Does it really reset?

Cassiebsg

When I see a post score more than 9, then I'll say... no. :P
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kumpel

solution: the post has the same amount of points as the last digit of the thread's number.

(wrong)

Kumpel

solution: first post gets 2 points. the next 7 each one point more. resets after the 8th post (9 points) back to 2 points for the next first post in the row. and so on

Stupot

Solution: isn't it just a cycle 1-9? So basically, the number goes up by one for each post as long as it's in single digits.

Bear in mind cat is counting her own posts, but obviously not giving herself a score.

Kumpel

Yeah you are right. The cycle is 1-9 but this is exactly what Cassie said, isn't it?

Stupot

Yeah. I think cat and Cassie just have slightly different mental images of what's happening.

Maybe cat sees it more as a constant cycle rather than something that is reset. Like a watch doesn't reset to 12 o'clock every midnight. That's just the next number in the cycle.

cat

Cassiebsg: 3pts
Kumpel: No
Kumpel: No
Stupot+: No
Kumpel: 7pts
Stupot+: 8pts

Quote from: Kumpel on Wed 18/05/2016 23:33:25
first post gets 2 points.

Why is that so? Now that's something where you can start thinking about.

Kumpel

Only because you are a tricky little orange cat! That's why! :=

cat

Cassiebsg

Solution: We need to guess cat's exact wordings for the rule to be accepted... (laugh)

cat

Cassiebsg: No.

You just have to figure out the rule that is applied to each individual post.

Stupot

Solution: the points for each post are always one number higher than those post preceding it, except when the post preceding it got 9, in which case you get 1.

cat

Stupot+: No.

I see a squirrel approaching!

Cassiebsg

Solution: First post = 1 pt, 2nd Post = 2 pts... 9th Post = 9 pts... 10th Post = 1 pt... (roll) Included are hosts post in the counting.

Stupot

cat

Cassiebsg: No. (I mean, that's what happens, as you have figured out, but it's not the rule)
Stupot+: 8pts (and I figured that out, without checking the points of the previous posts...)

Stupot

Solution: first you take sum of all the digits in the reply number (1+4+7+7=19) then take that number and keep adding them together until you have a single digit (1+9=10, so do it again, 1+0=1) so the answer for this post is 1

cat

Hooray! ;-D

The name for this calculation is digit sum.
The rule was simply "The digit sum of the reply numer".

So, Stupot+ is next (nod)

Cassiebsg

Ahhhh... math... I had no chance to get that... (roll)
Good job Stupot. :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk