The Points Game

Started by Mandle, Fri 18/09/2015 00:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Sorry, I'm still out of ideas. :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kumpel

Cassiebsg: 8 pts.

Spoiler
HINT: This inglorious squirrel uses two things added together. One is text based and the second is location based.
[close]

Stupot

Sorry, I'm still out of ideas. :-[

Kumpel

Stupot

Solution: is ut the number of words in the first line of your post + the time difference between the UK and the poster's location?

Kumpel

Stupot+: Nope, but sooo close!

Cassiebsg

Solution: is ut the number of words in the first line of your post + the time difference between the host's location (Germany) and the poster's location?

(Just stealing Stupot's line and idea...)

Kumpel

Cassiebsg: nope, stupot+ has been closer ;)

Danvzare

Solution: is it the number of words in the first line of your post minus the time difference between the UK and the poster's location?

Because I have no idea what the solution is, and I figure I might be able to figure it out by just changing small aspects of the solution that Stupot+ came up with.

Kumpel

Danvzare: nope. Wrong turn!

Cassiebsg

Solution: Number of words in poster's post + difference of location time to the previous poster

(roll)

Kumpel

Cassiebsg: nope. That sounds crazy complex :-D

Cassiebsg

Trying again a variation of Stupot's solution...

Solution: is ut the number of words in the first line of your post + the time difference between GMT and the poster's location?

Kumpel

Cassiebsg: Nope. Just one word is wrong ;)

Danvzare

Solution: is it the number of words in the first line of your post + the time difference between GMT and the poster's location?

Cassiebsg

Solution: the number of words in the first line of poster's post + the time difference between GMT and the poster's location?

Kumpel

Danvzare: Nope. still the wrong word there.
Cassiebsg: Nope. Same as Danvzare.

please explain every relevant part of how to get a point as you say it, maybe I am just interpreting it wrong, or maybe give me an example (roll) (nod)

I can't work with the solution like that.

Cassiebsg

No worries, we're just making wild guesses cause we still haven't figured it out... (laugh)

Stupot

Solution: The number of words in the first 'sentence' plus the time differrnce between the UK and the poster's location?

(I don't think it's GMT. But then there's other questions like 'do emoticons count?' And whatever else)

Kumpel

OH MY GOD HE GOT IT!

Congratulations Stupot+ :)

It's my bad I forgot to consider the summertime/wintertime thingy. My idea has been GMT and every timezone higher getting it's bonus points, every time zone lower getting there equivalent minus points, but first thing was, nobody from america wanted to do my points game so you guys never got confronted with that and second thing was, that of course atm the it is not GMT in the UK, like I thought it was. So I accidently used BST the whole time :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk