The Points Game

Started by Mandle, Fri 18/09/2015 00:47:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Solution: There is no solution. Mandle will keep this game going forever. Except, paradoxically, I have just guessed that there is no solution, which is the solution, so I win... but then if I win, then there was a solution, which means my initial solution that 'there is no solution' must be false, so there IS no solution... but then... WOOOOOAH!

*My head a splode*

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 17/10/2016 00:31:44
Solution: There is no solution. Mandle will keep this game going forever. Except, paradoxically, I have just guessed that there is no solution, which is the solution, so I win... but then if I win, then there was a solution, which means my initial solution that 'there is no solution' must be false, so there IS no solution... but then... WOOOOOAH!

*My head a splode*

Hahaha.... no, there is a solution, and a pretty simple one as well. And by "simple" I don't mean that it's easy to solve, just that the method of determining the points is not complex.

And your paradox only works if one accepts that "there is no solution" can be counted as a solution, which I think may be a logical falsity... :-D

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Mandle

YitComics: 82 pts
Gurok: 83 pts
YitComics: 85 pts
Stupot: 87 pts

Stupot

hmm im working on a thoery but im not sure

Mandle

Cassiebsg

hope you get better luck than me
I've been in a "1 point for each reply in the same "10" minutes, 2 points is in the next 20minutes, etc... but only seems to fit once in a while... the again my math skills aren't that good...)

Mandle

cat

I'm still not sure if the points depend on the previous post or not.

Mandle

Cassiebsg

well... I have a feeling not so much, but you can't get the same points, so the next post will always be 1 point higher (untill the "reset" that is)

Cassiebsg

Now that we have a few days of test/try I'm wondering if a post made at the same time as a previous post, will score roughly the same points. ???

cat

Ah, that's a good one.

Cassiebsg

yeah, doesn't seem to have a fix (time) reset...
* Cassiebsg goes back to the drawing board

Mandle

Cassie: 20 pts
Cassie: 21 pts
Cat: 23 pts
Cassie: 29 pts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk