What grinds my gears!

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 21/02/2019 10:26:21
That's the sort of thing that sounds funny on paper, but would get decidedly less funny once someone inevitably gets a heart attack.
Well it is a horror movie... not a particularly scary horror movie, but you get my point.  (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 21/02/2019 11:58:56
Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 21/02/2019 10:26:21
That's the sort of thing that sounds funny on paper, but would get decidedly less funny once someone inevitably gets a heart attack.
Well it is a horror movie... not a particularly scary horror movie, but you get my point.  (laugh)
Yes, but people tend to have far more intense reactions to real people jumping at them compared to just seeing things on a screen.

Gröna Lund (a big amusement park in Stockholm) actually had a big problem with their haunted huse attraction that featured employees dressed as
monsters pawing at the visitors as part of the horror due to so many persons reacting to the scare by punching or assaulting the employees.  8-0

josiah1221

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 21/02/2019 09:30:37
Hahaha, damn. That would get you shot in America.

I live in the US, no one got shot. But that was over 20 years ago. This day in time, yeah, you'd either get shot or fired for bullying, harassment, offending, etc.

Blondbraid

It grinds my gears that on every international women's day, you invariably find men whining that "Why isn't there a men's day?", not only because it's a pretty shameless attempt to detract from the real issues women face that's meant to be brought to light on this day, but also because there already is an official international men's day on November the 19th.

Stupot

The comedian Richard Herring spends the whole of International Women's Day trolling everyone on Twitter asking “When's International Men's Day?” (which is a lot of people), and in the process manages to raise thousands of pounds for Refuge.

Here's his Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/Herring1967

josiah1221

How ironic that March 9th is "Get over it day"  (laugh)

Jack

Blondbraid

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 08/03/2019 22:57:41
The comedian Richard Herring spends the whole of International Women's Day trolling everyone on Twitter asking "When's International Men's Day?" (which is a lot of people), and in the process manages to raise thousands of pounds for Refuge.

Here's his Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/Herring1967
I'm glad at least one person could turn that mess into something positive!
Quote from: Jack on Sat 09/03/2019 20:21:48
Happy get over it day, everyone!
I'll admit it's a catchy song, it's just too bad too many people ask others to just get over things whilst lingering and complaining about everything themselves.

Mouth for war

I remember (I think) that there was a museum who let women go in for free or half price on that day and men had to pay the normal fee and of course there was whining and complaints. That really pissed me off. It's men's day the rest of the f#####g year so why the hell can't we let our females enjoy something just for them? And I can't understand why a man should have a higher salory than a female if they do exactly the same job. I"m all for equality
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Blondbraid

Quote from: Mouth for war on Tue 12/03/2019 12:49:34
I remember (I think) that there was a museum who let women go in for free or half price on that day and men had to pay the normal fee and of course there was whining and complaints. That really pissed me off. It's men's day the rest of the f#####g year so why the hell can't we let our females enjoy something just for them? And I can't understand why a man should have a higher salory than a female if they do exactly the same job. I"m all for equality
Indeed, it reminds me of a guy who was so angry at the woman-only screening of Wonder Woman so he decided to have a man-only screening of the movie Rock of Ages, and nobody stopped him or even expressed any real outrage over him doing so.

There already are tons of things women aren't allowed to do, like joining the freemasons, becoming priests in several religions, and there are a bunch of clubs that are men only, yet you non't see any of the men protesting woman discounts complaining about that.

Mandle

Sometimes I really grind my own gears but tend to just let what I do annoy others and get stress-relief from that instead of going after the real culprit.

Retro Wolf

My past self!
I've just spent an hour trying to figure out why text wasn't showing up on a GUI, only to find I'd made an if statement earlier for test reasons that I was supposed to delete...

Blondbraid

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Tue 26/03/2019 11:46:08
My past self!
I've just spent an hour trying to figure out why text wasn't showing up on a GUI, only to find I'd made an if statement earlier for test reasons that I was supposed to delete...
Yeah, it's so frustrating that a tiny mistake or forgotten leftover can really mess up a whole game, and most of the time you don't even learn from your mistakes because it's always the same mistake; you forgot to delete something or made a typo.

At least the one letter typo in Alien: Colonial Marines led gave us a funny gif:

Blondbraid

Daylight saving time grinds my gears.
I suppose adjusting the clock one hour back/forth once each autumn and spring made sense in the olden days when the only light source available were fireplaces and expensive candles,
but in today's industrial society with electric light available for everyone, all it does is throw everyone off-schedule twice a year and cause pointless stress and confusion.

Sinitrena

Well, the EU wants to get rid of it, so there's good news for you.

What grinds my gears?
Autosave "features" in modern games, especially when they have no option to manually save and ten times so if they only use one f...ing save-game-slot. I'm looking at you, Thronebreaker, the Witcher Tales!

morganw

Auto-saving me on the wrong side of a fence, where I fall through the floor as soon as my saved game is loaded.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Power and Sleep Keys on keyboards.   

Hit them accidentally gives no prompt "are you sure...."   no warning of any kind, just shuts the system down
Any keyboard manufactures should be fined astronomical amounts of money for producing keyboards with these keys, and the actual keyboard layout designer thrown in jail for life with no possibility of parole.

Khris

1. I only buy keyboards that have those
2. you can disable them in the power settings

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

I did not know you could do that, any time I had those keyboards i just pull the keys out, makes the keyboard look ugly though

Danvzare

Quote from: Sinitrena on Thu 04/04/2019 18:13:01
Well, the EU wants to get rid of it, so there's good news for you.
It grinds my gears that despite the EU wanting to get rid of it, Britain is fighting to keep it. Despite the majority (if not all) British citizens agreeing with the EU and wanting rid of it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk