Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Wow it really must've been a horrible ending then XD
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

BadLuckBurt

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sat 24/02/2018 02:51:57
Wow it really must've been a horrible ending then XD

It was for me :D Just glad there's plenty of games with good endings to offset this monstrosity :P

Mouth for war

Remember the old days. A black screen and "Thank you for playing" talk about putting energy into that ending :-D

BadLuckBurt

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 25/02/2018 11:37:45
Remember the old days. A black screen and "Thank you for playing" talk about putting energy into that ending :-D

At least they had an excuse back then :D

Playing QFG4: Shadows of Darkness now, always loved that ending and John Rhys-Davies as narrator works so well

Mouth for war

Ghost 'n' goblins ending: You must play through the game again..yeah because that game was soooo easy to beat the first time. Maybe I suck but that was one of the hardest games ever IMO :-D

Danvzare

Quote from: Mouth for war on Thu 01/03/2018 01:16:17
Maybe I suck but that was one of the hardest games ever IMO :-D
If you completed that game, trust me, you don't suck.
People say that Dark Souls is hard, but compared to Ghost 'n' Goblins, Dark Souls is incredibly easy.
Actually, Dark Souls is easy when compared to a lot of games. It's actually just an easy game. But I digress. Ghosts 'n' Goblins is an impossibly difficult game. I don't think I've ever gotten past the second level, let alone completed it once.

Mouth for war

Well cheating helped me ;-D what grinds my gears like hell right now is how the people i've employed says no the same or a few days before they're supposed to begin after accepting the job grrrrr

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Thu 01/03/2018 14:13:22
what grinds my gears like hell right now is how the people i've employed says no the same or a few days before they're supposed to begin after accepting the job grrrrr

Trust me, it's even worse when they quit right after they've finished the training.

Had a guy pull that on us and then he came in and asked where his pay was. We told him "You expect to get paid for getting trained?! You should be paying us!"

He'd broken his contract anyway by quitting without notice in which case the contract says the appropriate amount will be deducted from final payment, which was more than what he'd "earned" anyway, but it was more satisfying to say it that way.

Slight compensation for the ground gears hearing him slam the door on his way out... (laugh)

Mouth for war

Yeah that will be even worse. We have that policy too. They will only get paid for their 10 day training if they decide to continue. Best one was today. I had clearly told her how the training will be and so on...and she "misunderstood our communication" and the way she tried to sound smart with "I understand that you understood it like that" really got my blood boiling. I just thought to myself "Ooooh try to sound clever ONE more time and I will rip you to shreds you @§#-*" :-D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Fri 02/03/2018 00:34:04
she tried to sound smart with "I understand that you understood it like that"

Probably not a keeper... ;)

Mouth for war

Haha indeed. Oh well there will be some real ice cream enthusiasts sooner or later. How can you turn down a job where a big bonus is that you can eat as much ice cream you want for free?!?! :-D

BadLuckBurt

Quote from: Mouth for war on Thu 01/03/2018 01:16:17
Ghost 'n' goblins ending: You must play through the game again..yeah because that game was soooo easy to beat the first time. Maybe I suck but that was one of the hardest games ever IMO :-D

Oh man, blast from the past. Now I have to go and play that. Been ages since I tried, don't think I ever finished it. Wish me luck (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Fri 02/03/2018 08:52:32
How can you turn down a job where a big bonus is that you can eat as much ice cream you want for free?!?! :-D

I'm really interested in how that works...

Is there literally enough ice cream in the headquarter freezer that nobody could possibly run out, and/or are the boots-on-the-ground salesmen just able to write off as much product as they like and sign it off as having eaten themselves?

In the latter case I can see some leeway for scams being viable...

Mouth for war

Well I can withdraw from our big freezer and write it off as "staff ice cream" and at the office there's a store sized freezer where I put that stuff and there it's an open bar haha. They can not take stuff from their trucks. They must do an inventory every week so I will know if something goes missing. My boss will not accept me removing crazy amounts from the freezer of course but I can always take something. The best is to remove broken goods we can't sell or stuff that is about to expire. I can say that during the 2 years I've been there, that staff freezer was never empty :D My boss is a great guy though, he even allowed (Al Lowe d for us game nerds :D ) the guy I replaced to come whenever he wants to pick up free ice cream. That was a very generous parting gift I must say :) So...I control how much the foot soldiers can get

Mouth for war

Oh man, blast from the past. Now I have to go and play that. Been ages since I tried, don't think I ever finished it. Wish me luck (laugh)

i'm too old to even try that game now. My blood pressure would go through the roof!!! :D

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sat 03/03/2018 20:46:15
My boss is a great guy though, he even allowed the guy I replaced to come whenever he wants to pick up free ice cream. That was a very generous parting gift I must say :)

Almost as good as a flying glass elevator and the keys to the chocolate factory...

Mandle

What grinds my gears is websites with flash games for kids but they insist on putting the icons that link to other pages on the site RIGHT NEXT TO the game window. Kids don't have perfect mouse control and a miss-click of a matter of a few pixels sends them to another page without any warning or check-box and all progress in the game is lost.

Also: painting games where they expect the kid to be able to click pixel-perfect on areas that are like 2 pixels wide. And often the ERASE-ALL icon is either ON the painting area or a few pixels away from it and OF COURSE has no warning or check-box if miss-clicked. It just instantly erases all work done so far and is NOT undoable...

GRRRRR... and I'm talking about professional sites like Disney, Nickelodeon, BBC-Kids, PBS-Kids...etc

Don't these people EVER test their games with actual kids?!

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 08/03/2018 02:02:01
Kids don't have perfect mouse control
"Kids", right... (roll) Come on, admit that you are still sore after losing your record at that Frozen game! ;)

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 08/03/2018 09:21:20
Quote from: Mandle on Thu 08/03/2018 02:02:01
Kids don't have perfect mouse control
"Kids", right... (roll) Come on, admit that you are still sore after losing your record at that Frozen game! ;)

Hahaha.... revenge is best served cold!

How's it taste? (laugh)

lorenzo

(laugh)
Well, it it was too good an opportunity to miss. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk