What grinds my gears!

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFrighter

Quote from: Slasher on Fri 05/07/2019 17:52:57

Many people no longer have the grit, drive and the determination we had in this once great country (UK)..

It grinds my gears that the UK nation has turned some people into gutless wimps..

I hate to say this and I feel sad about it.... but where has their backbone gone and why has it turned yellow?

We were once a nation of solid rock but now it's more like soft jelly...

It grinds my gears  (laugh)

I think it's the same thing that every old people say in every country... :-D

_

Jack

Don't know that slasher's generation would use any excuse to have a riot and loot the sneaker store.

Slasher

TheFrighter
Jack

You are both right..in a way... But it's true... If one dislikes something then its classed as hate campaign...

Jack

Can't have people complaining about that social engineering.

Blondbraid

Quote from: TheFrighter on Fri 05/07/2019 18:39:37
Quote from: Slasher on Fri 05/07/2019 17:52:57

Many people no longer have the grit, drive and the determination we had in this once great country (UK)..

It grinds my gears that the UK nation has turned some people into gutless wimps..

I hate to say this and I feel sad about it.... but where has their backbone gone and why has it turned yellow?

We were once a nation of solid rock but now it's more like soft jelly...

It grinds my gears  (laugh)

I think it's the same thing that every old people say in every country... :-D
That's what all old people have always done, just look at this quote by Socrates, born 469 BC:
QuoteThe children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
(roll)

Slasher

That's very true.... But I'm about Adults...

Danvzare

If there's something I've noticed it's that everyone believes that everyone younger than them is an idiot for not having their wisdom, and everyone older than them is an idiot for not moving along with the times.

"Hah, those old people don't know how to use a computer! They're idiots!"
and
"Hah, those young people only ever have their eyes glued to their smartphones! They're idiots!"

You've just got to remember that the more things change, the more they stay the same.  :)

josiah1221

Yep, we are all just a bunch of idiots!  (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: josiah1221 on Tue 09/07/2019 03:46:55
Yep, we are all just a bunch of idiots!  (laugh)

There are no exceptions to this rule... EVER!!!

Jack

Now that you're all demoralised enough, you need to vote for me.

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 22/01/2019 13:24:40
I think I'll go get a T-shirt made:

"Vaccination causes adults."

Was that you, Mandle? https://www.qwertee.com/last-chance

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Thu 18/07/2019 20:38:05
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 22/01/2019 13:24:40
I think I'll go get a T-shirt made:

"Vaccination causes adults."

Was that you, Mandle? https://www.qwertee.com/last-chance

Is there one there that says that? I couldn't find it.

Cassiebsg

There was, I saw it. But it's gone now.
Thought there are plenty of them on google images.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

It grinds my gears, that when a huge controversy pops up out of nowhere, and a bunch of people are suddenly knee-deep in outrage. You sometimes can't find out why because everyone either completely avoids the details of the topic at hand (for example: "I can't believe he did that! I'm never buying Fez 2 from that asshole!"), or there's two sides that both hate each other without explaining the difference between the sides (for example: "Anyone who is pro-gamergate is dead to me!").

To this day, I have no idea what gamergate was about. And when I made a comic about it, asking people. Everyone commented saying that they also didn't know!  (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 31/07/2019 13:46:39
It grinds my gears, that when a huge controversy pops up out of nowhere, and a bunch of people are suddenly knee-deep in outrage. You sometimes can't find out why because everyone either completely avoids the details of the topic at hand (for example: "I can't believe he did that! I'm never buying Fez 2 from that asshole!"), or there's two sides that both hate each other without explaining the difference between the sides (for example: "Anyone who is pro-gamergate is dead to me!").

To this day, I have no idea what gamergate was about. And when I made a comic about it, asking people. Everyone commented saying that they also didn't know!  (laugh)
I don't find the outrage funny or hard to understand.
Here's John Oliver to explain it for you:

Blondbraid

I accidentally hit the quote button instead of the edit, but you get the picture in my comment above.

Laura Hunt

If suggesting via a sarcastic google link that there are ways out there to find out literally anything about any subject you want is "virtue signaling", then I'll take it anytime over posting a single source from, wait for it, no less than knowyourmeme, that highly reputable news site.

Funny thing is you proved my point that the previous poster was too lazy to look for information on his own, and just to get back at dem dumm wimmen you went and did all the work for him. Congratulations! Now you can pat each other on the back and hopefully release some of that testosterone you keep bottled up  :-*

Jack

Quote from: notarobotyet on Wed 31/07/2019 20:30:30

If suggesting via a sarcastic google link that there are ways out there to find out literally anything about any subject you want is "virtue signaling", then I'll take it anytime over posting a single source from, wait for it, no less than knowyourmeme, that highly reputable news site.

Funny thing is you proved my point that the previous poster was too lazy to look for information on his own, and just to get back at dem dumm wimmen you went and did all the work for him. Congratulations! Now you can pat each other on the back and hopefully release some of that testosterone you keep bottled up  :-*

Geez, wasn't talking about you, but the people who are looking for an excuse to complain about the menstruation jam.

Edit: I was replying to Danvzare's original topic. Guess I should have quoted him.

Snarky

We're not going to be perpetuating Gamergate here in this thread.

In general, let's get back on topic, as loosely defined as it is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk