What grinds my gears!

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I got a post deleted there for not having the correct opinion on something. Didn't swear, didn't attack any posters. The link I posted which had a lot of info on gamergate was quite unbiased. This is the problem. The opinion was not on the extreme left.

Snarky, you're a clown. Whoever put you in charge of anything screwed up bigtime.

dactylopus

Quote from: Jack on Wed 31/07/2019 20:42:21
I got a post deleted there for not having the correct opinion on something. Didn't swear, didn't attack any posters. The link I posted which had a lot of info on gamergate was quite unbiased. This is the problem. The opinion was not on the extreme left.

Snarky, you're a clown. Whoever put you in charge of anything screwed up bigtime.
This grinds my gears.

Snarky

Quote from: Jack on Wed 31/07/2019 20:42:21

You have a history of posting conspiracy theories that slander and harass individuals, and that's why the post was deleted. The link may have been fine, your "summary" was not.

And the discussion is off-topic here anyway.

Retro Wolf

People who sit behind you on the bus and cough/sneeze on the back of your head.
And then I sit there and don't move because you don't want to wipe your head and get another person's spittle on your hand, and also don't want to acknowledge that it happened...

Mandle

Maybe they just have Captain Tripps and can't help it.

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 15/08/2019 22:26:11
People who sit behind you on the bus and cough/sneeze on the back of your head.
And then I sit there and don't move because you don't want to wipe your head and get another person's spittle on your hand, and also don't want to acknowledge that it happened...

Ah! Public transportation pet peeves! I have ALL of those (laugh) For example, in Germany nobody takes off their backpack in public transportation EVER, no matter how crowded it is. Pretty much anywhere else this would be considered barbaric, but "respect for other people's personal space" is just not a thing here... or at least in Berlin, where people will literally push you just to be the first to get to the cashier line that just opened (wtf)

Snarky

[Discussion of controversies split off to thread in General Discussion.]

Blondbraid

Speaking of things you see on a public transportation, it grinds my gears whenever you see men walking around in public with their pants hanging down and showing half their butt crack on full display.
Not only is it gross having to see some guy's hairy rear end in public, but it's also incredibly disgusting when they sit with their half-naked butt on a bus or subway, and then the next person will have to
sit on a seat soaked with their sweat and butt stench.

Mouth for war

Haha true that blondbraid :-D speaking of public transportation. It grinds my gears when healthy people  ignores when there's an elderly woman or man looking for a seat and they don't offer them a place to sit. Or when you see old people in a shop and they keep bending down on the floor and grab things from their baskets. You can almosr see how their poor backs are suffering and noone even thinks about helping them (happened today) of course I would be the world's biggest hypocrite if I had stood in silence. I can assure you that I helped that old granny :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Mandle

The whole Jeffrey Epstein suicide is really grinding my gears.

I don't think that other high-ups had him killed to protect themselves from getting named by him, but I do highly suspect that they had a hand in his suicide watch being lifted and possibly even a word in his ear that it would be much better for him if he just ends it all. Why the hell would his suicide watch be taken away after such a short time? They obviously thought he was likely to kill himself. That's why they had the watch in the first place!

Now the others who were obviously involved in the same disgusting stuff get a free pass and the victims get no closure.

I really hope someone investigates all this honestly and the full truth comes to light one day.

Jack

At the moment at least it seems that the internet is keeping that investigation alive, too many people know about it. Short of a very big distraction, most of them will keep looking into it.

All the stuff I've read, the convenient camera "malfunction" for his cell, one of the guards watching him not being a corrections officer, the broken neck bones, it just stinks to high hell. Last I heard his legal team was able to contest the "official" autopsy results based on the report of their own examiner.

And of course 8chan, which would normally be all over this, happens to be taken offline, and the FBI releases a report saying they are ready to treat conspiracy theorists as domestic terrorists, both just a few days before he died. How very convenient for certain people.

On top of this, John McAfee's drone footage proves that material, including computers, were removed from his island before the FBI availed themselves to finally raid it. He wasn't alone in this, yet his known accomplice and spouse has not been arrested.

milkanannan

I hate telecom companies in the Arabian Gulf. Overpriced, horrible service, hidden and very sneaky charges. I'm paying several hundred USD$ a month for the privilege of having to reset my router several times a day. Even then I'm often unable to connect certain devices (like for example my laptop is connected at the moment but the TV isn't). There isn't a limit on the number of devices that can connect; it just simply does not work and the service dummies can't figure it out.

My gears are so grounded!  >:(

Mandle

Quote from: man n fist on Fri 30/08/2019 06:31:38
I'm paying several hundred USD$ a month

WTF?! That's like what I pay for rent per month! I pay about $100 per month for cable connection on TV, computer, and telephone including local WiFi for unlimited (AFAIK) devices.

milkanannan

Wow that's in Japan, right? Yeah, I think east Asia is lightyears ahead of the rest of the planet. When I lived in China, you could access mobile networks with more data than most people need (I never ran out, for example) for less than $50 USD a month! Granted it was restricted Chinese internet (i.e. no Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc), but with a cheapish VPN you were up and running.

I think the problem here is that there is no competition in telecom. Most countries only have one or two providers, so they carve the monopoly up and work together to kep their sh*t service super expensive. It's so infuriating!  :angry: :angry:

Mandle

It is rare that I turn a movie off even half-way through but this is the first time that, after 20 minutes watching, I've had to fumble for the control, pray I found the stop button fast enough, and then pop the screen the finger and say, our loud, "Fuck you!".

I present to you: Holmes And Watson. May it be played endlessly on repeat to child-molesters in Hell.

milkanannan

(laugh) that indeed sounds like a terrible movie. Thanks for the heads up!

Stupot

Oh Jeez. I didn't even know that film existed until a week or so ago. Just from the poster alone I knew I was never going to watch it.

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/09/2019 15:09:00
It is rare that I turn a movie off even half-way through but this is the first time that, after 20 minutes watching, I've had to fumble for the control, pray I found the stop button fast enough, and then pop the screen the finger and say, our loud, "Fuck you!".

I present to you: Holmes And Watson. May it be played endlessly on repeat to child-molesters in Hell.
I had the exact same problem with Napoleon Dynamite.
If you think Holmes and Watson was bad, then you've not watched people literally saying "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" for half an hour.

I thought "surely this can't be the entire film" but after half an hour, I realized it was.

milkanannan

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 06/09/2019 16:53:44
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 06/09/2019 15:09:00

I had the exact same problem with Napoleon Dynamite.
If you think Holmes and Watson was bad, then you've not watched people literally saying "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" for half an hour.

I thought "surely this can't be the entire film" but after half an hour, I realized it was.

Haha different strokes I guess. I think the movie was pulling the 'dude' stuff in tongue-in-cheek way and that was part of the joke. I wouldn't say it was my favourite movie, but I just thought the movie had a few moments that were funny because some of the characters were so laughably awful (i.e. Napoleon Dynamite's brother that's so into the internet).  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk