What grinds my gears!

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I agree with you that it’s silly to wear a mask when there’s literally no one else about. I wait until I’m near the station before putting mine on.

But regarding breathing through your nose around people. That’s not gonna solve anything. You can’t cough through your nose and your nose can’t block a sneeze. You r nose is literally there to let sneezes out. Those 5-8 families a day would ask you to wear a mask around people.

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 15/10/2020 22:52:53
ARGH!!! I just had to vent somewhere!

A Covidiot in the chat of a livestream was spamming how the CDC has released data showing that most people who have tested positive for Covid-19 in the USA are mask-wearers, proving that mask-wearing is bad.

I tried to explain to him that mask-wearers are people who are worried about the virus so they GET TESTED. Non-maskers are not worried so they DON'T GET TESTED.

He couldn't get it. Just kept saying that is was legit CDC data so I was wrong and masks are bad.

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Lol was he possibly trolling you? If not, he’s just opened up a new bottom tier of stupidity. (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 16/10/2020 08:52:36
Lol was he possibly trolling you? If not, he’s just opened up a new bottom tier of stupidity. (laugh)

It was a livestream of a flat earth debate so, no, I doubt he was trolling. He was on the flat earth side. LOL!

Cassiebsg

Uhm, I'm in Denmark and we've been without masks up until a month or so ago.
But since the infected started to raise last month, the gov. have decided that you need to use it in public transports, and now also in coffee shops and restaurants (if you are standing, no need to wear it if you seat down).

I know it's not so in many lands, but they just realized that 2020 is the year with lower death rate since 2015, so far anyway... I guess we're just good at keeping distance, washing hands/sanitize them... or we've been lucky so far.

I have yet to wear a mask, my husband has wear one a few times (during doctor visit/hospital) and my son once (he was tested a couple weeks ago, cause he was coughing and school didn't want him there while we was - they tested both negative).

Also remember that you can also be infected via your eyes and masks are meant to protect others from you.

Quoteyour nose can’t block a sneeze.

Actually, I have a success rate of about 80% sneeze blocking, if I close my mouth and nose... And 10% of those that I can't block, end up being an "inside" sneeze, cause my nose and mouth are still closed.  (laugh) The rest are those that just come way too fast for me to react and do anything about it.  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 16/10/2020 10:33:09
Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 16/10/2020 08:52:36
He was on the flat earth side.

Wow. Just...wow. He's probably a QAnon nutjob, too. How is it that the western world is even back to entertaining these opinions at all? Mind blowing.

Danvzare

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 16/10/2020 15:59:22
Quoteyour nose can’t block a sneeze.

Actually, I have a success rate of about 80% sneeze blocking, if I close my mouth and nose... And 10% of those that I can't block, end up being an "inside" sneeze, cause my nose and mouth are still closed.  (laugh) The rest are those that just come way too fast for me to react and do anything about it.  (roll)

+1
Actually, it's my preferred form of sneezing. It's much cleaner. Although, quite uncomfortable.

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 16/10/2020 16:21:19
How is it that the western world is even back to entertaining these opinions at all? Mind blowing.

I KNOW!!! To think that, in 2020, there are still people who believe that the Earth is a globe!
Spoiler
This is something that flat earthers actually say to try and "cleverly" turn the tables on "globers". And, yes, they call us "globers", or "globetards".
[close]

Olleh19

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 16/10/2020 03:28:13
I agree with you that it’s silly to wear a mask when there’s literally no one else about. I wait until I’m near the station before putting mine on.

But regarding breathing through your nose around people. That’s not gonna solve anything. You can’t cough through your nose and your nose can’t block a sneeze. You r nose is literally there to let sneezes out. Those 5-8 families a day would ask you to wear a mask around people.

I do believe masks has it's purpose forexample in tight spaces like bus, or train trips for sure. Well if i have to sneeze, i do so in my elbow, and then keep the mouth shut afterwards. It's weird at first, but i'm so used to going in to the supermarket now with only using nose, i open mouth only perhaps if someone says hi or whatever, but to be honest it rarely happens, since i'm very antisocial these days, so i can pretty much do my groceryshopping with nosebreathing entirely.
So far, so good all i can say!  (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 16/10/2020 22:56:18
How is it that the western world is even back to entertaining these opinions at all? Mind blowing.

I KNOW!!! To think that, in 2020, there are still people who believe that the Earth is a globe!
Spoiler
This is something that flat earthers actually say to try and "cleverly" turn the tables on "globers". And, yes, they call us "globers", or "globetards".
[close]
I honestly believe that flat earthers started from someone trolling, and it just got so out of hand that some people actually started believing the trolls.

milkanannan

The Cats movie conspiracy is my favourite from 2020, where there was, uh, apparently an original cut of the movie that included buttholes. (laugh)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 19/10/2020 15:37:01
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 16/10/2020 22:56:18

Spoiler
[close]
I honestly believe that flat earthers started from someone trolling, and it just got so out of hand that some people actually started believing the trolls.
True, I've even heard it started as somebody coming up with "the flat earth theory" on the spot as a ridiculous example when discussing how unrealistic most conspiracy theories are.

Mandle

The guy that started it on YouTube claims that he was doing it as a comedy bit, and then Eric Dubay stole the idea and ran with it and made millions of dollars.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 22/10/2020 11:07:49

The guy that started it on
YouTube claims that he was doing it as a comedy bit, and then Eric Dubay stole the idea and ran with it and made millions of dollars.
Grinds my gears when people say the moon is not made of cheese.. It is, a man down the pub told me so it must be true  (laugh)

Danvzare

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 22/10/2020 11:45:02
Grinds my gears when people say the moon is not made of cheese.. It is, a man down the pub told me so it must be true  (laugh)
I can verify that claim. I've had some moon cheese before. It almost tastes like Wensleydale.  :-D

Spoiler
I hope that this doesn't end up becoming the next big dumb thing everyone starts believing in.
Also, +10 internet points for anyone who got my reference.
[close]

JackPutter

My mate and his dog ran out of cheese once, they decided to head to the moon to grab some...

Spoiler
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/6zXyzaU.jpg[/imgzoom]

I am a gigantic fan, Wallace & Gromit are literally my desktop background!
[close]

Furwerkstudio

What grinds my gears?

Movies like Charm City Kings makes thugs and jerks look like cool and dashing rouges with a code of honor and ethic when in real life they are horrible, horrible little nerds who are cold blooded and don't care who they hurt.

No joke, just a short while before making this post I was taking my mom's dog out, on the sidewalk when these two bike gang bangers go roaring around the block, and came all around the corner causing me to grab my dog, practically pushed my mom out of the way and saw a few other people across the street run like us off the sidewalk because again these jokers in real life are horrible, horrible people and don't care who gets hurt.

I actually saw one ride up Liberty height near the Walgreens right behind an active ambulance, popping a wheelie and almost touching the ambulance's bumper doing so.

milkanannan

Quote from: Furwerkstudio on Fri 23/10/2020 01:32:48
What grinds my gears?

Movies like Charm City Kings makes thugs and jerks look like cool and dashing rouges with a code of honor and ethic when in real life they are horrible, horrible little nerds who are cold blooded and don't care who they hurt.

No joke, just a short while before making this post I was taking my mom's dog out, on the sidewalk when these two bike gang bangers go roaring around the block, and came all around the corner causing me to grab my dog, practically pushed my mom out of the way and saw a few other people across the street run like us off the sidewalk because again these jokers in real life are horrible, horrible people and don't care who gets hurt.

I actually saw one ride up Liberty height near the Walgreens right behind an active ambulance, popping a wheelie and almost touching the ambulance's bumper doing so.

Where are you? That sounds awful.

Furwerkstudio

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 23/10/2020 07:17:25
Where are you? That sounds awful.

I live in Baltimore, the home of the American Comic Book distribution, Edgar Allan Poe, Babe Ruth and the Pop Culture museum. Which no one cares about here because it's not gang banging, drugs or faking toughness.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk