Hybrid

Started by yamipanda, Sat 19/09/2015 22:27:19

Previous topic - Next topic

yamipanda

This will be a polished and (hopefully) better version of Hybrid, the game selmiak and I did for this years OROW. The way it should have been if we'd had more time.
You play as doctor Agon, a scientist doing an experiment that goes Uncontrollable.

We welcome any feedback you might have if you've already played the OROW-version. :)

Development Progress:
Story: 95%
Scripting: 80%
Graphics: 90%
Sound/Music: 90%

selmiak

hey dude, what have you been up to?
just the usual, drawing pixelbrains in jars and stuff.
Oh really, I can't believe this, this is totally my fetish too!

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/6JhleLD.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

YAY!!!

Is my puzzle design getting in the new version?

yay...?!

selmiak

I think I found a clever puzzle, it is probably influenced by every puzzle there is and your idea too ;) ;-D

SilverSpook

Woohoo!  Yeah this sounds like a blast! 

Pixel brains are awesome.

selmiak

Some more pixels from the game. In a screenshot.
Spoiler
I took this because I was hunting the spirits within the pixels. I saw them in the camera! There is something to these brainpixels, they are either possessed or just emitting some weird radiation or so...

Spoiler
I tried to replicate with photoshop what I captured on camera and what is of course not visible on the screen. weird.
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]

besides these supernatural happenings everything is rolling along, the gui for a puzzle is close to finished, yami is getting this puzzle to work like it should, some touches here and there happened.
Also Emont joined in on the fun and started working on a soundtracktrack and it is a really fitting creepy 80s carpenterish track that totally adds to the wierd brainlab atmosphere.
In hopfully a week we could need some betatesters, if you are interested send me a PM. I'll probably post here again once we are there.
If you want to help us with some coding to get the game done please also send me a PM.
If you are drunk while reading this and think you want to do voiceacting for a brainoperated monkey, please also send me a PM with some tragic monkey-lines. there are also other roles...

splat44

I guess I can help out with beta testing! Let me know!
You can see the game I tested by viewing my profile.

Currently I testing following:
tale demo

When I test, I consider all action and that game owner will confirm this!
Let know!

selmiak

After yami dropping out of the project it took me some time to find a new talented and motivated coder. I found one in abisso, who is coding on the game now.
Emont is creating great music and soundeffect, I'm painting and writing a lot, so everything is coming along...

as I don't like GIP threads and constant updates, expect my next progress post here to be the final call for testers and then a release.

@splat: I'll be coming back to your offer!

SilverSpook

Excellent, can't wait for the final!

Is this going to take place entirely in that room, or is there a wider world out there?

selmiak

Good to see you curious. Any chance you want to test this game and take it apart to make it even better once the time has come?

All the action is happening in Lab 27. But you will get a hint that there are more labs where even weirder experiments happen and of course the people working in the lab do come from somewhere, they don't live in the lab... well, some of them actually do live there, and it sure has an impact on them. Or did the lab have an impact on them and so they live there?

SilverSpook

Sure thing, I'd be up to test this creature out.  Do I need to sign a disclaimer in case it damages my mental health?  :D

selmiak

Cool thing! About this disclaimer, well, after playing the game you won't be able to read anything that has more than 3 letters anyways, so don't worry too much 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk