Flophouse Hijinks - OROW - Super Swanky Edition

Started by Ponch, Sat 10/10/2015 04:49:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

So there you were, just sitting at your favorite sidewalk cafe, sipping an espresso from a mug of the finest, bluest china. Then suddenly there was the screech of tires, the blare of a horn, a flash of chrome, a glimpse of tacky wood paneling! Mag wheels! Brown paint turtle waxed to a high shine! So many tinted windows! Fuzzy dice hanging from a rear view mirror! A "shit happens" bumper sticker! Espresso squirted from your nose! Finest, bluest china shattered on the concrete! Your chair tipped over! You found yourself on your back, looking up at the sun! There was the unmistakable smell of unleaded gasoline and the aroma of undeserved smugness in the air... and a faint whiff of cow flatulence.

Laying next to you on the sidewalk is a small package, wrapped in brightly colored paper with a big, gaudy bow. A tag taped clumsily to the package bears your name in a childish scrawl drawn with the thick swipes of a purple magic marker.

Do you open the package?

NO:
Spoiler
A safe decision. Risk taking is for reckless fools, the sort of people who live exciting lives filled with thrills, danger, and many attractive sexual partners. Wisely you have avoided all of that by choosing to go back to your apartment and never leave it again. You are sure to live a long, boring life surrounded by cats and houseplants. Well done, friend. Well done.
[close]

YES:
Spoiler

That's it! Live on the edge!

Your reward for risking it all and walking on the wild side? The deluxiest version of an OROW game ever, of course

FLOPHOUSE HIJINKS - SUPER SWANKY EDITION

Brought to you by ¡MiteWiseacreLives!, ¿Kconan?, and ©Ponch®

This game somehow won OROW (I can only assume massive voter fraud was involved) and is now available in a bloated spiffy extended version that is totally worth your time to download and play again! I promise!

This version includes:
• More (too much?) dialog!
• More animations!
• Full voice acting!
• Blistering guitar solos!
• Gratuitous nudity!
• Fewer bugs and crashes than ever before!
• Cutting edge Left/Right click interface! Taste the future!
• Hours of fun game play!
• Winner of "Best Game" - One Room One Week 2015 (Thanks for taking the bribe, Bulba mysterious benefactor! :kiss: )
• Made in Canada!

Don't delay! Download your copy now! and experience the escapist fun of worrying about money and trying to keep a roof over your head. It's a great way to distract yourself from your real life problems!

Thanks again to everyone who voted for us! :cheesy:
[close]

Stupot

Haha. Brilliant intro. I look forward to playing this [hopefully debugged] edition.

Slasher

Database..

-Two-click interface text appears three times ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 10/10/2015 07:33:34
Haha. Brilliant intro. I look forward to playing this [hopefully debugged] edition.
Thanks! Glad you chose to live on the edge and open the package. ;-D

Quote from: slasher on Sat 10/10/2015 07:38:30
Database..

-Two-click interface text appears three times ;)
Once for each mouse button, plus one more as a bonus. You can never have too many clicks! 8-)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 10/10/2015 07:33:34
The old Party Wagon used to have bugs all over the windshield, but we've since bought a really nice squeegee! Heck, Ponch can almost see where he's going now! 

Shadow1000

I just completed this game.

It was fun and lots of laughs! Thank you :)

SHADOW

Ponch

On behalf of Team Party Wagon, thanks for playing and glad you enjoyed our game. :cheesy:

kconan

Thanks Shadow1000, and to everyone who voted for Flophouse in the OROW comp. 

No worries Stupot, in this version we added swank and subtracted bugs.

Baron

I don't know....  Without the charm of out-of-context animations and loopy math calculations, can the game really be as compelling?  Kinda seems to me like you might have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.... ;)

Shadow1000

Just one comment: I had a bit of trouble using the inventory initially. I pressed TAB and moved the mouse around the screen. Eventually I did hover over the bottom of the screen and found it, but I would recommend that it's left persistent rather than coming and going.

SHADOW

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Baron on Mon 12/10/2015 14:09:48
I don't know....  Without the charm of out-of-context animations and loopy math calculations, can the game really be as compelling?  Kinda seems to me like you might have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.... ;)
I told Ponch, bugs are just my stylz bro! I'm glad someone else appreciates the genius behind a randomly inverting money counter 8-)  Thanks Baron, but all that is gone now.. Enjoy your long weekend!
It was so cool to get to work with KConan and Ponch, we had a great time  ;-D  I hope that everyone that isn't Baron enjoys this new and improved version of Flophouse!!
@Shadow, we did discuss keeping the inventory bar persistent but it would cover some of the glorious apartment and some hotspots.. Was voted out.  Enjoy your long weekend too :)

Shadow1000

I want to add that I enjoyed the multiple endings and the fact that the player can somewhat control how the game plays out. Canadian content was a bonus, of course, because talking about polar bears and penguins just made me feel that the game was "right at home" so thanks for that.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

SHADOW

Ponch

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 12/10/2015 16:57:56
Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving? In October? What sort of un-American madness is this?!? :shocked:

Frodo

MiteWiseacreLives!

Why, thank you Frodo! And thank you for helping us with play testing  ;-D  this not-made-in-one-insane-week version is very smooth now thanks to you. I do hope folks find that the swank is is swankified enough for today's swanky audience.
It just makes us so proud to see that download count growing! Why I was just at the game page and... Oh... (Is that number right KConan?)...  :-[ ...  oh, my, (wrong) they're going to pull our PG rating.
Hey, um, if we could just get one more person to try the game?
The team would really appreciate it, thanks :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk