Frank Further: the further adventures of Stanley "Frankfurter" Jones

Started by MUFFINinc, Tue 13/10/2015 19:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MUFFINinc

Thought I would throw up a hints thread in case anyone needs it :)

Shadow1000

I'm not sure if something is wrong or if I am just stuck on a puzzle.

Spoiler
I figured out the password and got the browser open. It crashes as soon as you click somewhere. I assume this is part of the puzzle. When I go back to the guard to tell him that I hacked the puzzle the only dialogue choices are to ask him how and to give up. I thought that maybe you have to speak to him when the browser is open but that doesn't help. When I go to the bypass and try to reset the password it changes so I have to go through the process again
[close]

Am I missing something?

SHADOW

MUFFINinc

Hm, that actually doesn't sound right.  You might have found a bug.   Let me run through it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Shadow1000

Quote from: MUFFINinc on Wed 14/10/2015 22:51:38
Hm, that actually doesn't sound right.  You might have found a bug.   Let me run through it and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Well, what is SUPPOSED to happen?
Spoiler
once it says "correct password" and the webbrowser opens, now what? go back to the guy and he knows that you got into the browser? is the browser supposed to crash when you click it?
[close]

SHADOW

MUFFINinc

Here is what is supposed to happen:

Spoiler
Once you change the password and login using the new password, the browser window will open and the night guy will say "I can take it from here" and the game will exit back to the office.  You shouldn't be able to click on the window at all.  At this point the guy should give you the book.

Like I said what you are describing doesn't sound right so I am going to go back in and check the code.  Meanwhile try logging in and not clicking anything when the browser window appears, see if that does the trick.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: MUFFINinc on Thu 15/10/2015 01:45:23
Here is what is supposed to happen:

Spoiler
Once you change the password and login using the new password, the browser window will open and the night guy will say "I can take it from here" and the game will exit back to the office.  You shouldn't be able to click on the window at all.  At this point the guy should give you the book.

Like I said what you are describing doesn't sound right so I am going to go back in and check the code.  Meanwhile try logging in and not clicking anything when the browser window appears, see if that does the trick.
[close]

What I did differently was
Spoiler
to hack the code in the BROWSER rather than when trying to reset the code from the bypass. When I finally got it, it didn't trigger the guy saying he can take over. So, what I  tried doing was trying to change the password. Having determined the password in the previous step, this should have been easy but the password from the browser did not work in the reset. Anyway, this time I hacked it in the reset screen and I was able to continue
[close]

SHADOW

sthomannch

Just started this game. I got stuck at the same place.
Spoiler

Found out password, but if I click on the browser window, it crashes, if I leave the screen and try to talk, I have only the dialog options available from the very beginning. I found no way to proceed. Also a reset and finding the new password does not help
[close]
Ok, Ok
Spoiler

Open PC, open browser, go to "BYPASS", hints, then "RESET PASSWORD", guess password, set to new password, quit, start browser, login. Done
[close]

tsa

I'm also stuck at the computer but whatever password I fill in it's always incorrect, even if it was just generated by the password generator. Please help.

sthomannch

tsa, it is not that easy
Spoiler

You still have to guess the password, but if you generate a few of them you will see a pattern
[close]
Spoiler

The first part consists of one of two possible groups, and for the numbers further back you have a number between 0 and 4.
You can try then by guessing, so with a maximum of four or five attempts you break the code. If it says "code starts with", then
you know about the next characters, because the first characters tell you if it is a passord in group A or group B (havin gonly two
groups)
[close]
Spoiler

if you understand the pattern, generate a password, get a hint, then start guessing (without generating new passwords)
[close]

tsa

Thanks sthomannch, that helped. But now I'm stuck at the same point as Shadow1000. I opened the browser and nothing happened. :confused::confused::confused:

Shadow1000

Quote from: tsa on Sun 15/11/2015 11:23:50
Thanks sthomannch, that helped. But now I'm stuck at the same point as Shadow1000. I opened the browser and nothing happened. :confused::confused::confused:

Spoiler
dont open the browser. Instead, reset the password.
[close]

Shadow

MUFFINinc

yeah, I am sorry about this issue guys, several people have gotten stuck in the same place for the same reason.  Part of it is just bad puzzle design on my part.  I swear I am going to fix it and post an updated version of the game soon, I have just been buried in schoolwork lately and haven't quite gotten it yet.:)  If anyone else has already figured out how to guess the pass but is still stuck trying to enter it into the browser:

Spoiler
Once you have figured out the password, you use the terminal option to reset password to whatever you want, and use the new password on the browser.  If you guess the correct password but enter it into the browser without resetting it first it will tell you the pass is correct and open the window, but the cutscene that is then supposed to happen doesnt get triggered.
[close]

Also, a little something extra for people stuck on cracking the pass :P

Spoiler
type the phrase "how do I hack computer?" into the terminal.
[close]

Uziel

Ok, I'm stuck.

Spoiler
I'm trying to get the blood and the nutmeg, I have everything else, including the hot water in the cup. I can't work out what to mix in the chemical mixer. I read the book, but 5 isn't able to be selected on the dial.. so can't make blood solvent, to get the dried blood near the coffee machine. I've tried everything else, and Pete doesn't keep anything else. Up until the roof scene (via the autistic kid's bedroom) I was guessing the night guard had the nutmeg in his drawer... but guess there is none that you can get?
[close]

Help?

MUFFINinc

Spoiler
Read the chemical recipes carefully.  Is 5 the value you need?  You might need to multiply. As to the nutmeg, it's not what you think, it's what Pete thinks that's important.  Is he frustrated enough to give up, or does he seem willing to keep searching?
[close]

Uziel

lol... I completely missed in the notepad that those were decimal points... I swear I looked at the notepad thirty or so times, and was reading it as the 3 numbers without any decimals... It wasn't until I looked at the book in the office again, that it was a lot clearer. Oh well, very easy when you realise what the actual numbers are! ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk