Rogue State (On Steam)

Started by KodiakBehr, Sat 17/10/2015 01:17:49

Previous topic - Next topic

KodiakBehr

Get the latest news on Rogue State by following us on Twitter and Facebook!

https://twitter.com/LRDGames
https://www.facebook.com/littlereddoggames

http://www.littlereddoggames.com/

You led the revolution that freed the People's Republic of Basenji from the shackles of the imperialists.  Now, decades later, your regime faces its most difficult crisis -- your own brother.

In Rogue State, you are the Glorious Leader who must hold onto power by maintaining the delicate balance between the interests of fundamentalists, capitalists, patriots and liberals while your brother, Farouk, consolidates power and influence with intentions to overthrow you.  How will you manage affairs with your neighbouring countries while ensuring you don't attract too much negative attention from the Americans? Will you be a generous donor to the United Nations or an international pariah building nuclear weapons in secret?  The choice will be yours in this new game from Little Red Dog Games, arriving in 2015.

Rogue State is an economy-management strategy game made using Adventure Game Studio, beautifully rendered in stunning 1280x800p.  It features backgrounds that were drawn by the incredibly talented UnLady and polished by Derek Restivo.

FEATURES

• A world of possibilities!  Over thirty possible state purchases, six clandestine projects, eight potential neighbours and hundreds of randomly generated events.  No two games will ever be the same, and the approaches you take in one game may not neccessarily be successful in another.
  • Manage complex relationships that are more nuanced than war and peace.  Forging unlikely alliances may just keep Basenji from the kinds of wars your leadership can't survive.  Other leaders have distinct personalities that may inform your tactics.
  • Choose cabinet leaders to help manage your country.  Maintain their favour by accomplishing relevant objectives.
  • Be the dictator you need to be.  Tackle problems with the level of freedom or oppression you desire.
  • Lots of persistent unlockables, achievements, high scores and secrets.

The Team:

KodiakBehr, Problem, UnLady, Derek Restivo

SilverSpook

Awesomesauce!  I will be sure to tell all of my constituents and terrorist friends.

Cassiebsg

QuoteVote for us on Steam Greenlight!
Think you don't need this anymore? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Congrats on release, folks. :-D

AnasAbdin

Mandle

YAAAAAAAAY!!! After playing Rogue State for around 100 hours total through many incarnations during testing I have to say that it is one of the best leadership simulation games I have ever experienced!

The interface is simple but the gameplay is deep and takes time to "master", even though mastering the game is hard to claim as each new round provides new challenges to overcome. The game also addresses many current world-issues ranging from terror-cells, refugee migrants, and gun control, to illegal poaching, blackmail diplomacy, and pandemics. As well as way too many more to mention...

Like I said before: It's also the only simulation game that ever made me cry...No spoilers though.

Best of luck on the release dudes! (And cheers for including that easter egg ;) )

Now, everyone get going, buy the game, and:

BRING US THE KING...

CaptainD

Congrats guys, it looks fantastic.  You've got some really nice feedback on Steam already too - very measured, good feedback written by people who can string a sentence together too, not just "o wot a Gr8 gam dis iz!".

I really hope you're successful with this release.  It's a fantastic tribute to the versatility of AGS too.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 18/10/2015 18:06:02
not just "o wot a Gr8 gam dis iz!".

Hey! I worked hard on that review! :~(

cat

Looks interesting, but:

The Steam link does not work for me.Steam seems to have general issues at the moment.
This is commercial release, right? Then you should probably tell the price here.
Are there other options to buy the game besides Steam?
The link to your website on the game page is broken
Is the Demo really 1000MB large?

KodiakBehr

Hi cat.

The price varies by region.  For up to date pricing, I'd rather people trusted the store than the AGS forums.  As of this moment, it is on sale for $9.74 USD.

Right now, the game is a Steam exclusive.  It will be available with other vendors in a few weeks.

Yes, Steam appears to be failing at the moment.  Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Fixed that link -- thank you!

The game is 1GB.  There is no demo, just the game.  The fact that the link is called a demo is how the games database is set-up, rather than us.  Steam refund policies are set so that if a player doesn't like the game they just bought, they can return it so long as it was only played for a few hours.  We find players are taking full advantage of this privilege as a form of demo.

cat

Mandle

Here is a nice semi-let's-play video of the game from a guy who knows his political simulation games but still has only half a clue about how to play this one:

https://youtu.be/hOuB2VdRX2E

Very entertaining and at the same time frustrating...HE HAS NO TRADE AGREEMENTS TO SELL ANY OF HIS RESOURCES!!! (This is basic Turn 3 MUST DO shit!!!)

Still: He is having a great time with the game and I'm sure he will continue to learn how it works: And it's a nice video to show off a lot of features...Although I wish he had shown how he handles a speech...Now THAT could have been really funny!!!

KodiakBehr

Quote from: cat on Mon 19/10/2015 15:30:23
Quote from: KodiakBehr on Mon 19/10/2015 15:23:18
The price varies by region.

Err.. what?

Because of currency conversion rates, different people will pay different amounts in different countries based on their native currency.  This is the case for all Steam games.  I can post that the game retails for $12.99 USD (and is on sale for 25%-off this week), but that doesn't really help people paying in Euros, Canadian Dollars, RMB, or any other currency.  Also, it means that I need to keep the pricing on this forum current!

We're loving the Let's Play videos.  A lot of people seem to be having a blast with the game.

Mandle

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Mon 19/10/2015 16:39:20
We're loving the Let's Play videos.  A lot of people seem to be having a blast with the game.

That's awesome news!!! I doubt any have broken the "Mandle Barrier" yet though...And I'm not going to give away my secrets on how to do so...

(For the casual reader: I'm not talking about a bug abuse of anything like that. It's just a certain game strategy that I always play by...)

And thanks for that personalized Easter Egg once again! It gave me a huge grin on my face which comes back every time I think about it!

Problem

The Mandle Barrier has been broken a couple of times. Three people have scored more than 2000 points, which would get them more than 500 XP. One has scored 45000 points, which is impossible and can only be explained with cheating. :-D

Stupot

It must be a good feeling knowing that someone out there cares enough to cheat on your game. Haha.

Cassiebsg

LOL, ppl already cheating? (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Problem

Probably. As long as nobody reports a bug that magically gives players ten thousands of points in the end game calculation, I can only assume that this was done by cheating.

SilverSpook

Congrats to LRD Games that people have already begun trying to hack your game.  That people give enough of a s--- to attempt to subvert your programming in order to obtain a higher score at a video game is a sure sign you've made it!

Sslaxx

Game has an online leaderboard? Those things can be magnets for abuse.

Need to figure out how to disable Steam achievements, here. Don't like getting achievements when I've been hacking around with a game's save files.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Fitz

I'm a noob to the political management genre -- but I was drawn to this game as a natural born tyrrant (laugh) So far I haven't gotten very far. In fact, I started out with the intontion to test the boundaries of how bad a ruler I can be! (laugh) Strangely enough, my downfall wasn't as fast as I thought -- and my ultimate fate not nearly as harsh as it should've been ;)

KodiakBehr

We have increased the public hangings by 15% in an update we're still testing.

homelightgames

Congratulations on the release. The trailer is pretty effective. Great job and good luck!

visionmind

KodiakBehr

Rogue State is now 50% off until December 1st.  Oppress the weak, conquer your rivals and nuke the planet for only $6.49 USD.  :shocked:

Problem

If you haven't played Rogue State yet, now is your chance!
It's 70% off, it has been updated once again and is more balanced and enjoyable than ever.

Don't hesitate and get the game that won some of the awards that Wadjet Eye Games wasn't nominated for!

I know you want it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk