AdventureX 2015 - London - videos on pages 4 & 5

Started by , Mon 19/10/2015 05:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Frith

A few of us are in the mercure bar if anyone is lonely.

neon

Since the 2014 thread is closed, I'm posting here.

While cleaning up my hard disk for the 2015 show I stumbled about Gigabytes of video material from 2014. It's actually pretty poor quality as the camera in the room was a bit older and didn't catch light and sound as expected. I've started to cut a bit of it, unfortunately I can't do everything as I'm already packing my stuff for London.

However, here some more stuff from last year:

Grundislav, revealing Shardlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z16JQzbhFPE

Alex Birke with Bertram Fiddle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMFxukidEvY

Alll our videos from 2014 can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvQ8eiuclL2kfVdHBSjdBgGyjm8YXfDUu

ddq

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

[delete}

Man, I watched it from the first beginning black screen till the evening! What an experience. This is the very heart of our globe-spanning community. Hooray for Mark!

Mandle

Cheers to all out there at AdventureX...Will the livestream be available later somewhere for non-live viewing?

I sooooooooo want to see it! As well as what else you guys also get up to...

JSH

Just got back home, had a blast! Big thanks to Mods and Azure for organizing, can't wait for next year's edition! :)

Intense Degree

Well done Mark and team on another great event. :-D Just a shame I could only be there for part of the Saturday.

Hopalong

Had a whale of a time! Great talking to so many different people and seeing some great projects in the works.

cat

Finally I am at my Hotel in Heathrow - what? 8-0
Yes, my flight got cancelled. I have to stay here and hope I can fly back tomorrow...

Miez

Quote from: cat on Mon 14/12/2015 23:17:43
Finally I am at my Hotel in Heathrow - what? 8-0
Yes, my flight got cancelled. I have to stay here and hope I can fly back tomorrow...

Oh damn, that sucks! Any specific reason?

Stupot

Day 1 doesn't seem to be on Twitch. Is that right or am I just not looking properly? I've caught up with most of the talks and panels but still have few more I want to watch. All in all some good stuff. My highlight so far was Ian Thomas. Fascinating stuff.

MiteWiseacreLives!

I thought twitch was only live feeds. Are there recordings online? Please share :)

Grundislav

I have just landed in New York. It was a great time and I am already looking forward to next year!

Twitch didn't record the first day, but day 2 is archived at twitch.tv/AdventureXpo

Mandle

Cheers! I will check out the links during the winter holidays soon!

cat

The eagle err... cat has landed. I'm finally on the train back home. AdventureX was awesome, but I have to work on my travel planning :P

m0ds

It went down well in a strange sort of way...

is a lyric from an old ags opera LGM song! AdventureX however, went down very well. I'm grateful for everyone who turned up, making the journey, some fending off illness and others driving from far away countries just to be there... There's a lot to be grateful for and rather than try and list all of that, hope it was reflected in the event itself :) We had about 90 people on Sat and 60 on Sun so good figures for a new, slightly out the way venue. That means perhaps 90-100 individuals. Great! Glad Sunday stream got archived and very sorry the same didn't happen for Saturday but there are definitely a number of vids by Adventure Treff on the cards of Saturday items.

I didn't get time to play many games this year so I didn't get much time to speak to as many people as I'd have liked to (and pretty tired at night/pub after many long days) nor could bring much stuff or setup a table myself but very thankful for your support whether you came, watched on net or are Rebecca, Tom and Drew... thank you! It's also great that community members supplied some great content for the event over 2 days, Francisco, Dave, Ali*, Stefano, Rem, Broomie to name a few... thanks!

Did have a good chat with a good few people though definitely, nice to catch up with the ags crew, nice to meet new people including adventure corner dude and additional adventure treff fellas, and so many others. Having a lazy couple of days playing some game I managed to get hold of but should have an update to the website and reflect our charity total and donation by end of the week. Do appreciate that people bought raffle tickets and made online donations, or exhibitor donations. Although a little will go back into what was spent on prizes its still a high figure raised near £200 which would beat previous years. I'd like to put in a bit myself on top to be sure of that fact but don't have my payday figures yet. Anyhoo watch this space I will post that news here.

Thanks again for attending, supporting, your kind comments, spreading the word and the love for adventure games and AdventureX! Glad to hear here and elsewhere that people got back safe and sound (cat!), and that a few "lost" items turned up in pockets! Hope those of you who stayed on longer than I did or left later on Monday had a nice day/rest of time in London. Maybe we can do it all again next year... :=

* Arrived home to my Nelly Cootalot gifts, thanks man!

Dave Gilbert

Back home and back at it. This was probably the best year yet. As I said often during the weekend, the one room setup was PERFECT for an event like this. The event was a lot more focused, everyone had the same experience and nobody felt like they were missing anything. Wonderful talks by all. I am very much looking forward to next year!

Azure

Thanks everyone for coming, Mark for listening to Tom & Myself's constant suggestions (laugh), Tom for venue wrangling, Drew's stream mastery and tech and everyone who exhibited, attended and gave Latency feedback. Now that Tom can potentially organise the venue for us, I hope we'll be able to organise with much notice.
Bit sad I didn't get as much time to catch up with some folks this year, but hopefully will do next year.8-)
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk