[FIXED] Flickering cursor in 3.4.0.6 alpha 's Editor on Windows 7 64

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Mon 26/10/2015 16:21:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

I'm using 3.4.0.6 alpha on Windows 7 64-bits.

When I open the script editor, the cursor is annoyingly flickering:
- When I don't move it, it normally displays as this, but very briefly blinks as this exactly every second.
- When I move the cursor, it just blinks between those two cursors very rapidly, as if one out of two frames was the arrow, and the other frame was the text-selection cursor -- back and forth at monitor-refresh rate.

I didn't find this in the tracker.

Note: I have dual monitors, I got 3.4.0.6 in the zip

valter

The same thing happens to me, Ver. 3.4.0.6, Seven 64bit and dual monitors.

Monsieur OUXX

valter, are you using Windows Remote Desktop? Just checking that lead.

valter

I believe it is AVG antivirus ... I noticed that the defect increases when I receive emails and AVG scans

ChamberOfFear

My cursor displays normally when I don't move the mouse, however I can confirm that it does intense flickering when the mouse is moving. Did you try to see if the problem persists on other versions of AGS? I tried as far back as AGS v3.1 and the problem was there as well.

EDIT:
Monsieur OUXX, you're able to compile the AGS source right? Could you try following quick fixes and see if it improves your problem?

AGS v3.3.5
AGS v3.4.6 Alpha

Monsieur OUXX

The issue seems to be fixed! (I compiled 3.4.6 alpha, using the No Native project and copying AGS.Native.dll over from my very own 3.4.0.6, and using VS2010 professional) Good job on this one.

side note: I tried again my 3.4.0.6 and the brief blinking that used to happen every second when the cursor was not moving (which you don't experience), did not happen today. So maybe there's a second (more rare) issue, but eh, who cares? The annoying one is gone!

ChamberOfFear

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 17/11/2015 15:43:12
side note: I tried again my 3.4.0.6 and the brief blinking that used to happen every second when the cursor was not moving (which you don't experience), did not happen today. So maybe there's a second (more rare) issue, but eh, who cares? The annoying one is gone!

I've owned some glitchy mouses over the ages that detected movement when they were standing still. Maybe there was just something with your mouse that detected small movements that were too microscopic to see on the screen with the naked eye. Or maybe it was gremlins.

valter

I believe that this problem might depend on the configuration of the PC or the applications installed on the PC.
My AGS Alpha is on portable hard drive and I was able to try it on another PC Windows Seven 64bit dual monitors. The cursor was ok.
On the PC where the cursor is blinking there are installed various development environments like VB, Delphi, Unity, Dreamweaver with webserver and so on, the other pc was much cleaner.
However it is not really a big issue, it works the same.

cat

I have just changed to a new PC with Windows 10 64 dual monitor and now have the same issue with the 3.4.0.6 alpha. I currently have no VS installed, is there somewhere a compiled version with this fix? When will the alpha 7 be released?

Crimson Wizard

I recall ChamberOfFear was fixing this and Changelog mentions this is fixed for AGS 3.3.5, which means the fix is in latest 3.4.0 as well. Can some of the people who reported this bug above tell if that worked for them? Because I think we never got verification from users.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk