Let's Cook: Fun Children's educational game

Started by Slasher, Wed 11/11/2015 08:49:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

'Let's Cook' School of cooking

An educational game for children to not only learn how to cook but to also be made aware of the dangers in the kitchen such as knives and boiling kettles.

On hand is top chef, Koala who will guide you through the cooking process.

During cooking you can ask Koala questions.

Discover facts about ingredients.

Choose from a variety of dishes to cook like Coconut curry, Chilli con carne, trifle etc etc..

Make any dish successfully and they get presented with a cooking certificate which is saved so your child can print out and put on their wall. Each dish has its own certificate. Each certificate includes their name, dish cooked and date.

Everything is cooked in Koala's kitchen (hence only one room.)

Only two mouse cursors: interact and active inventory for simplicity.

Please support children awareness awareness.

Welcoming you to 'Let's Cook' School of cooking:

Do not burn yourself warning:

Finding an ingredient:

Asking Koala some questions:

Presented with a cooking certificate:

Thanks to all who are helping.

Res: 1024 x 768
Colour: 32 bit
Graphics: d3d (first time using)
Game progress: 60%

cat

Looks great and seems to be a lot of fun!

CaptainD

Quote from: cat on Wed 11/11/2015 09:22:44
Looks great and seems to be a lot of fun!

Having helped test this I can confirm that it is! :cheesy:

Fitz

A cooking game for kids? From the same guy who made a Jack the Ripper game a couple months back? 8-0 (and is still yet to release the talkie version) :P Though when I look at that last pic with the questions, I can definitely see a common thread (laugh)

CaptainD

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 11/11/2015 10:39:07
A cooking game for kids? From the same guy who made a Jack the Ripper game a couple months back?

With a username like Slasher, I guess he's obsessed with characters that cut things? 8-0

Mandle

Quote from: Fitz on Wed 11/11/2015 10:39:07
A cooking game for kids? From the same guy who made a Jack the Ripper game a couple months back? 8-0

Also: The thread's full name gets cut off on my main forums page. It just says:

Let's Cook: Children...

:-X

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 11/11/2015 13:48:26
Also: The thread's full name gets cut off on my main forums page. It just says:

Let's Cook: Children...

:-X

Reminds me of a Simpson's episode...

http://thescifichristian.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/How-to-Cook-Humans.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/894962f5bdd90d65db3de3df970e6d4a/tumblr_ncoir94m471sept13o1_500.jpg

edit by Darth - non-game images removed.

Slasher

(laugh) you guys kill me...

Game going fine so far (albeit testing)

extra dishes added.

on course for a new year release...

;)

Slasher

Hi

Let's cook is finished game play wise and i am just waiting for some additional images.

Now it's time to test test test.....

Hopefully be ready to give your nipper a christmas cooking treat (nod)

please support children danger awareness (nod)

Colour: now 32 bit

slasher

CrashPL

Now that's a really nice idea, you rarely see desktop games aimed for children only nowadays, especially on the indie scene. ;) I'd actually really like to check it out!

Mandle

I've been testing the game with one of my young students who, by coincidence, just discovered cooking games last week and is already addicted to them.

We've been having a blast with the game so far and it really gives special insight when testing a children's game to watch a child play with it: "kid's-logic" is so different from "adult-logic" in many ways but still follows a logical progression when attempting to solve a problem.

The game already grabbed her attention with the colourful and pleasant atmosphere of the kitchen and the cute character of Chef Koala. I was able to report some important issues today and in our next session I will be especially watching for interface issues (there are going to be a few)...

This is a great project and what really sets it apart from the numerous cooking games that are already out there is the focus on kitchen safety for kids.

I'm really proud to be a part of the project and can't wait for the next testing session...

Slasher

QuoteI'm really proud to be a part of the project and can't wait for the next testing session...
Thank you Mandle.

QuoteThe game already grabbed her attention with the colourful and pleasant atmosphere of the kitchen and the cute character of Chef Koala.
I'm glad she finds it enjoyable and Koala may make other appearances (nod)

There have been some improvements made and this edu. game is very near releasing.

'Thanks' to those helping bring this game to life (nod)

Support children's danger awareness...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk