[MAGS November 2015] Scylla and Charybdis: A Grecian Ship From Olympus U

Started by Eggie, Tue 01/12/2015 05:32:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Guys! I recreated the invisible bird bug! It might involve some frustration while I tear my own confusingly-written code apart but I think I can finally slay this dragon.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 06/12/2015 22:05:51
Nice one, but the end... when can we expect the sequel? ??? (nod)

I am so gratified people finished the game feeling okay despite what a technical mess it was. I'M SO HAPPY PEOPLE FINISHED AT ALL.
Uhh I think I might start working on one around Mmmarch? Maybe? I definitely want to have scrubbed-up versions of the first two out there before then. Aaaaand maybe add voice-acting to 'em. I always wanted these things to have voice-acting. It's probably a roundabout reason why I thought that problematic subtitle-style text was a good idea

sergiocornaga

Quote from: Eggie on Mon 07/12/2015 16:57:28It's probably a roundabout reason why I thought that problematic subtitle-style text was a good idea

For the record, this is something I never had any problem with, but voice acting would obviously still be great.

Creamy

QuoteI just finished the game and I will just say this: I KNOW MY VOTE HANDS DOWN FOR THIS MAGS...
This game was my choice for the MAGS competition too.

Eggie, I'd be glad to translate the Olympus U series in french.
Let me know if you're interested.

Eggie

That would be amazing! I'm...uh... not exactly happy with the dialogue for the first one as it stands but once I finally get around to cleaning that up it would be great ti get in touch about that.

Speaking of clean-up, a new version got uploaded today so for anyone new to this thread: Hopefully the issues we've been discussing for the last three pages won't be issues any more.
Thanks to everyone who played this game and helped identify problems :)

sergiocornaga

I'm glad to see this get an extra coat of polish! I mentioned a few more less severe bugs over Twitter and just wanted to check if you saw 'em, I thought it might have done that thing where it stops sending notifications for a conversation in progress.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk