Projector Face

Started by TurduckenMan, Wed 09/12/2015 22:12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

TurduckenMan

Hello everyone!

The game I've been working on for the last few months has recently gone live to steam greenlight. If you could all go check it out, that would be awesome! I'm hoping to release January/February of 2016.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=556564685

We're currently sitting at Rank #17 out of 1,894 games on greenlight, with over 1,750 yes votes! Wow!

Projector Face is a point and click adventure game following the peculiar actions of a voiceless protagonist, trying to communicate in the only way he knows how.
Help Projector Face befriend the local kids by creating new things for them to play with and doing what you do best: playing movies on whatever surface you can find.

Game Features:

- Repair old films found throughout the town
- Interact with, pick up, and combine items to solve various puzzles throughout the game
- 100% hand drawn characters and environments
- "Silent Film" style narration
- Find hidden collectables throughout the town

Progress:

Art Assets
Backgrounds - 100%
Character art + animations - 85%
GUI - 100%
Objects + animations - 90%

Gameplay
Puzzles - 100%
Scripting - 100%

Audio
Music - 0%
SFX - 75%

Here are some screenshots:

Darth Mandarb

I don't think this is being made in AGS?

I also don't think you read the forum rules...

Also; don't forget the screenshots (the most important part).

Thank you. You now have my mod approval and my yes vote on steam.

TurduckenMan

My apologies, I'll edit in a description and progress report.

The game is being made in AGS! :)

Thanks so much!

CaptainD

I have to say, everything about this looks awesome.

TurduckenMan

Thanks a lot! It's my first time doing anything with AGS so it's definitely been interesting figuring out what I'm doing haha. Thankfully I've had three ridiculously talented artists carrying me through :P

Noto

This looks fantastic! The art style of the game especially grabbed my interest.

Out of curiosity, how did you find your artists? That's something always I've struggled with -- I don't know where to look. I write by-trade, I don't draw.

TurduckenMan

Well I'm fortunate enough that I actually work at a company where I'm essentially employed to create my own content, so all of the artists I have available are industry professionals. I can say though that previously I've found luck in getting in touch with other people who've released projects and gotten recommendations on artists that way. :)

MiteWiseacreLives!

I love the concept and the artwork is fantastic. Look foreword to seeing this come about  :)

Noto

Quote from: TurduckenMan on Thu 10/12/2015 04:17:11
Well I'm fortunate enough that I actually work at a company where I'm essentially employed to create my own content, so all of the artists I have available are industry professionals. I can say though that previously I've found luck in getting in touch with other people who've released projects and gotten recommendations on artists that way. :)

That is in fact very fortunate! And, that's really good advice, I appreciate it!

Best of luck, the game looks great!

AnasAbdin

I love it when every once in a while a gem appears in the GiP forum! Wishing you the best ;-D

TurduckenMan

Thanks a lot for all the kind words, everyone!

Unfortunately our publisher is postponing production until the game is greenlit, but we're good to go full force on getting it done once it's been approved. So spread the word around if you can! :)

SilverSpook

Great and very original concept.  I can see a whole world of gameplay possibilities opening up with that protagonist.

TurduckenMan

Hey everyone! Here's an AGS Forums-exclusive screenshot for any of you interested :)
Thanks again for all of the support.

CaptainD

I'm intrigued as to whether you find out in the game WHY the protagonist has a projector face?

Fitz

I love the idea: so simple, it'd seem, but so imaginative and opening so many possibilities and new ways to tell a story. Lovely graphics, too.

Cassiebsg

I subscribe to what everyone has said before me. (nod)

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the project! :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Good luck with the project...or face.

TurduckenMan

Hey folks,

We made it into the top 100 games on Steam Greenlight over the weekend!
I'm going to start tracking our position in the original post, for anyone that's interested.

If you guys haven't yet, please go vote "Yes", and get anyone you that would be interested to go do so as well!

Thanks so much :)

KodiakBehr

Wow.  This is a neat concept.  You've got my vote!  Good luck!

Mandle

Simply incredible concept and artwork!!!

Very eerie and yet warm at the same time...Loving this!

TurduckenMan

We've been greenlit! Thank you all so much for your support. I hope you all love the game when it's finished. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk