[WINNER ANNOUNCED] SPRITE JAM: Maniac Mansion Restrain-ia

Started by Eggie, Wed 09/12/2015 23:51:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumpel

Here's my entry. Dott-Tentacle going retro in ultra-restricted spriting 8-)

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/sIBA63R.gif[/imgzoom]

Cassiebsg

Nice Kunpel! :)
You did forgot the "double wide pixel" rule though. So you competing with Grok in the single pixel wide competition. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

[delete}

Lovely purple tentacle! Both in sizing to a character and in it's attack animation. And of course it's doublewide!

Kumpel

@Cassiebsg: Amélie is right, I did. The only thing not double wide is the speech font ;)

Mad

Man, this is hard...

Alas, that's what I came up with:

[imgzoom]http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/Mad1978/MasterChief.png[/imgzoom]

Hope it's recognizable.

If I find some more time, I'll try and animate him...

Cassiebsg

Geez, you guys make me want to stuck my head in the sand... 8-0
Awsome work.

Sorry Kumpel, those arm lines looked like single pixels in my eyes... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 12/12/2015 21:23:46
Geez, you guys make me want to stuck my head in the sand... 8-0
Awsome work.
You're telling me :shocked: Mine is taking a bit longer to put together than expected, if it gets done at all, and it looks like crap right now compared to what the others have posted so far.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Amayirot Akago

Well, given the time allotted I figure this is as good as it's gonna get. Might've picked too tricky a subject to attempt for this but whatevs.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Eggie

JUDGING
DISCLAIMER: All the entries were amazing. This was horrible and I did not want to do it.

THIRD PLACE For sticking beautifully to the restrictions and giving us a chaacter we can instantly rcognise: MAD

SECOND PLACE For sticking beautifully to the restrictions, for using the available colours in an innovative way and recreating two perfect OC babus we can all recognise: SCAVENGER

FIRST PLACE For the added chutzpah of taking on a character actually FROM Maniac Mansion, sticking beautifully to the restrictions  and ending up with something that, in my opinion, improves on the original: TABATA!!!

So take it away, Tabata. This decision was rough on me and I'm going to go and cry now

Tabata

What the  …? Eggie, what did you do?! I can't believe it! 8-0
With such a lot of really good entries I didn't even think to be placed near the stairs
and now this (no wonder you went to cry after posting)  :wink:
But nonetheless: Thank you veeery much :-*

Now I'll try to find a new theme for the next round :grin:

Amayirot Akago

Scavenger

Aw man, I wasn't expecting to be in the running for winning! Everyone's entries were SO GOOD! You all did really well! I will wear my trophy with pride.

Tabata's entry really was stellar, they should have definitely done the art for the original Maniac Mansion. It looks too good to be using such a restrictive form!

Mad

Somehow failed to notice the lovely entries from Tabata and Jim Reed. Probably was too busy posting my own crap...
Great stuff all around.

Congrats to the very diserving winner!

Thanks for this great jam, Eggie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk