COLORING BALL: Gnome Excuses! (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

Started by Bavolis, Sat 12/12/2015 01:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavolis

<<    Gnome Excuses!     >>

??? ??? ???
You had ONE JOB.

I don't care who your uncle is! Here at the Gnormal Gnome lawn decoration company, we've been making the same product the same way for fifty two years.
What were you thinking? Were you even paying attention to the assembly line machinery? And what in the name of ceramic serenity is THAT abomination? You'd better have a good excuse for this one.

RULES:
1. Pick one of the Gnome shapes to color.
2. Feel free to flip, rotate, or prod your Gnome.
3. You may color in the outlines.
4. Animation is fine, but how the heck did you get a ceramic lawn gnome to do THAT? Please explain.
4. Convince me not to fire you.

In the end, it's up to your coworkers to decide the fate of you and your ... experiment.
The holidays are coming up, so voting begins January 2nd.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go have a sit-down with your uncle.

TROPHIES!

Winners!

Congrats to the following for keeping their jobs and gaining promotions into the GSPD (Gnome Special Products Department). You took a risk on the company dime, but it paid off in the end.

Focus Test Results:

3rd: Tabata (6 votes) - For this welcoming, lovely little fellow:

2nd: Mokho (13 votes) - For bringing some much-needed style to our product line:

1st: Funkpanzer (14 votes) - For this nightmarish little experiment:

We'd like to thank both the factory workers and the focus testers for participating in this commercial experiment. Those employees who did not pass the focus test... good news! You'll keep your jobs at the plant. However, you've been transferred to the plastic flamingo department, under strict probation.

AnasAbdin

I love this theme! I already have million ideas (laugh)

Bavolis

Trophies added to the top post. Metallic gnomes! Yay!

Tabata

Hello boss,

here's what hopefully will convince you, not to fire me. :cool:

[imgzoom]http://fs5.directupload.net/images/user/151215/ih3njqoc.png[/imgzoom]

"Yuck  ~  Who is responsible for that disgusting mess?!"
… grmbl …  "I'll catch you for this!"

I had a lot of fun with this one so I couldn't stop ... :grin:
Spoiler
8-0 Who is this? Someone (or something) oddly disguised tried to hide in my garden between the other garden gnomes.

[imgzoom]http://fs5.directupload.net/images/user/151215/s6bmi8ps.png [/imgzoom] 

Seems to me that it is an adventurer of some kind (picking up everything not nailed and combine/use impossible objects for reaching their goal).
I bet there is also a knife, duct tape and a screwdriver to be found in the inventory. (laugh)
[close]

AnasAbdin

Bavolis

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 15/12/2015 19:24:48
Hello boss,

here's what hopefully will convince you, not to fire me. :cool:

[imgzoom]http://fs5.directupload.net/images/user/151215/ih3njqoc.png[/imgzoom]

This isn't a happy gnome! How am I going to sell this to--wait ... wait a minute. You may be onto something here. Lawn scarecrows. Keep the pesky kids off your property. You keep your job. For now. The other thing you shown us is both magnificent and terrifying, but it seems to violate our company policy for occult rituals. We don't allow entity-summoning on Gnormal Gnome property!

Funkpanzer

Hey Boss, I was cleaning out the back room and found this lil' cutie. Seems pretty exotic!

Bavolis

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Fri 18/12/2015 12:21:52
Hey Boss, I was cleaning out the back room and found this lil' cutie. Seems pretty exotic!

Oh no! We have a CLEAR sign warning employees they are not allowed in the dimensional goods warehouse. Now you've gone and mixed lawn gnomes and space gnomes! This is pure madness... or perhaps pure marketing? One product to sell to two worlds? You may be onto something. Maybe we'll let you off with a warning this time.

cat

What do you mean by "this is not a gnome"? Of course this is a gnome! Can't you see that the poor guy is just stuggling carrying the huge Christmas tree? Also, please have a look at what our R&D department has accomplished - gnomes with blinking LEDs!

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/pics/competition/gnome_tree.gif[/imgzoom]

Without animation:
Spoiler

[close]

Bavolis

Quote from: cat on Sat 19/12/2015 14:27:12
What do you mean by "this is not a gnome"? Of course this is a gnome! Can't you see that the poor guy is just stuggling carrying the huge Christmas tree? Also, please have a look at what our R&D department has accomplished - gnomes with blinking LEDs!

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/pics/competition/gnome_tree.gif[/imgzoom]

Gnomes. At Christmas. Christmas gnomes. People buy Christmas ELVES, not Christmas GNOMES. This is seasonal sabotage. You're going to tamper with the whole holiday/profit ratio with this idea ... but perhaps in a way that could benefit us. We'll see if it works. You'd better keep your fingers crossed.

AnasAbdin

I cannot compete with all those awesome entries 8-0

So I give you my traditional gnome:

Mr. Gnomazago
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/PCrvZe1.png[/imgzoom]

with cutting edge technology right in your lovely garden. A high tech sensor is placed in his ceramic head that can sense any movement within 20 feet, giving a signal to the carefully placed red led light in his big round nose.
Mr. Gnomazago will greet you and your lovely visitors like this:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/bvjqoBz.gif[/imgzoom]

..and as you can see his funny nose is... er.. I'm so sorry boss! This is a mistake I shall fix right away! Please don't fire me! The engineering is flawless! The technology is working as expected!

Bavolis

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Sat 19/12/2015 17:42:59
Mr. Gnomazago
with cutting edge technology right in your lovely garden. A high tech sensor is placed in his ceramic head that can sense any movement within 20 feet, giving a signal to the carefully placed red led light in his big round nose.
Mr. Gnomazago will greet you and your lovely visitors like this:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/bvjqoBz.gif[/imgzoom]

..and as you can see his funny nose is... er.. I'm so sorry boss! This is a mistake I shall fix right away! Please don't fire me! The engineering is flawless! The technology is working as expected!

That is certainly the kind of gnome we like to see here at GNORMAL GNOMES. He's so lovely and his--wait a second. Pete, send somebody down from HR. I think we may have an ... issue... here. People, remember your training. Smile and nod. Smile. And. Nod. Somebody please get me some duct tape so we can cover up this flashing... p--p--protrusion. Pete, make sure we didn't ship any of these. We did?

OK, we may have a lawsuit on our hands, which will allow you to keep your job until the long trial has completed.

Cassiebsg

I know it's missing a bit of color...but...but just wait until you see it at night!!
It's guaranteed to light your lawn and keep it free from stray cats and pooping dogs! Plus your guests will never again stumble into the gnome in the night and fall.
You ask "lights how"?
Oh, it's powered by solar-cells and a battery that power a laser torch on his hand!!!!!

Spoiler

uhm... what do you mean copyright and lawsuit? ???
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bavolis

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 23/12/2015 21:51:07

It's guaranteed to light your lawn and keep it free from stray cats and pooping dogs! Plus your guests will never again stumble into the gnome in the night and fall.
You ask "lights how"?
Oh, it's powered by solar-cells and a battery that power a laser torch on his hand!!!!!

uhm... what do you mean copyright and lawsuit? ???

What a preposterous use of a lightsaber! Who would ever greenlight a laser sword with a laser cross-guard?! I have my doubts that any proper marketer would allow their creative department to run with an idea this silly, but we'll check with our movie partners. If they think it could sell, then maybe you don't get the axe this round.

Mokho

CLAP YOUR HANDS EVERYBODY WITH THE WORLD FAMOUS !

P.S.: Sorry to break a little bit the rules, but I couldn't resist to make the three shapes at once :-D

AnasAbdin

Wow Mokho! This should be a thing :-D

Bavolis

Quote from: Mokho on Thu 31/12/2015 10:16:20
CLAP YOUR HANDS EVERYBODY WITH THE WORLD FAMOUS !

P.S.: Sorry to break a little bit the rules, but I couldn't resist to make the three shapes at once :-D

Bling?! With gnomes?! I wasn't born with enough palms to handle all the face-palming this inspires. Our bling is reserved for Christmas decorations ... this definitely goes against regulations. Let me ask you, how many hip hop concerts incorporate gnomes? None come to mind ... but wait a minute ... maybe we can change that. Don't look so smug. We'll see if it passes the focus test before we deal with this incident.

selmiak

Bavolis

VOTING BEGINS!
Ends January 9th

We ended the year with a whole bunch of employee disaster and a disturbing number of abGnormal Gnomes. It's up to you as a focus group to vote on the ones you think might recover or some funds, or, possibly open up a new market for us. Please list your top three choices. HR reminds me that I need to thank each employee for their incomp...  nincompoo... contribution to the company. Good luck, perhaps three of you will remain on staff when the smoke clears. 

Here are the horrors of the assembly line... err... the products of all our fantastic efforts:

Tabata:
"Yuck  ~  Who is responsible for that disgusting mess?!"
… grmbl …  "I'll catch you for this!"

Funkpanzer:
"Hey Boss, I was cleaning out the back room and found this lil' cutie. Seems pretty exotic!"

cat:
"What do you mean by "this is not a gnome"? Of course this is a gnome! Can't you see that the poor guy is just stuggling carrying the huge Christmas tree? Also, please have a look at what our R&D department has accomplished - gnomes with blinking LEDs!"

AnasAbdin:
"Mr. Gnomazago with cutting edge technology right in your lovely garden. A high tech sensor is placed in his ceramic head that can sense any movement within 20 feet, giving a signal to the carefully placed red led light in his big round nose. ..and as you can see his funny nose is... er.. I'm so sorry boss! This is a mistake I shall fix right away! Please don't fire me! The engineering is flawless! The technology is working as expected!"

Cassiebsg:
"I know it's missing a bit of color...but...but just wait until you see it at night!! It's guaranteed to light your lawn and keep it free from stray cats and pooping dogs! Plus your guests will never again stumble into the gnome in the night and fall. You ask "lights how"? Oh, it's powered by solar-cells and a battery that power a laser torch on his hand!!!!! uhm... what do you mean copyright and lawsuit? ???"

Mokho:
"CLAP YOUR HANDS EVERYBODY WITH THE WORLD FAMOUS !

Tabata

Here are my votes:

1.  Mokho's gnomes-gang will definetely become a bestseller
2.  Funkpanzer's supercute gnome might open the doors to new dimensions/buyers
3.  Anas' on first sight traditional Mr. Gnomazago and his hidden technology will guard your lawn
... also the other artists deserve to stay, Mister big boss.
As you can see every gnome is styled unique. They are all done very resourceful and inventive by using the given shape.

Quote from: Bavolis on Tue 15/12/2015 23:28:51
... The other thing you shown us is both magnificent and terrifying, but it seems to violate our company policy for occult rituals. We don't allow entity-summoning on Gnormal Gnome property!
Pardon?? What are you talking about? 8-0
Just for the record (to clear the occult ritual from a terrifying thing):
That “entity” is a superdupercute coloured bunny that simply couldn't find a gnomes hat in a size to hide the ears completely. Oh yes,  and not to be recognized immediately, it has put a bird beak on the snout. 

A great comp with lots of fun, Mister B.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk