Rabbit Hill

Started by Two Tales, Sun 01/11/2015 12:10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Tales

A couple, bored of the same summer drive to visit their family, decide to take a detour through the countryside where they are involved in an unfortunate accident. While walking to find help they stumble upon Rabbit Hill. A small fictional Hamlet located deep in the heart of the Sussex countryside in England.

Features: An atmospheric horror game.
          640x400 resolution.
          Pixelated graphics style.
          Over 100 individual sound effects.
          Backgrounds created from real locations in Sussex.

I was hoping to have this done for Halloween but alas, it was not to be. There is still quite a bit to do on it so I thought I would post a preview now instead. Should be done sometime shortly after Christmas/new year.

CaptainD

I'm really not into horror but I love those moody screenshots!  This sounds almost like a darker version of "Midsummer Murders"! ;-D  All the best with development.

Stupot

This looks really cool. And as a Sussex boy myself I'm doubly intrigued.
Where were these images taken?

All the best Two Tales :-)

Two Tales

Thank you CaptainD.

Stupot+: Most of the location photography was done in East Sussex. Around the Mayfield, Blackboys and Burwash area with a few trips further afield for specific shots. There will be alot more information about the locations in the in-game credits.

AnasAbdin

Oh wow this is interesting and scary! Good luck with the production. I love the style ;-D

Stupot

Quote from: Two Tales on Sun 01/11/2015 13:01:31
Stupot+: Most of the location photography was done in East Sussex. Around the Mayfield, Blackboys and Burwash area...
Cool. I know the area. I lived in Ticehurst for many years :-)

Blondbraid

It sure has a fascinating art-style, literally photo-realism! :)

CrashPL

QuoteBackgrounds created from real locations in Sussex.

Nice, such photo-realism approach really takes me back to the good ol' days of adventure games. I really like that, good luck with the development! :)

shaun9991

this looks cool - I love the moody graphics! Good luck, looking forward to playing it! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Vincent

I already love this game from the screenshots.
Horror and FMV, nothing more 8-)
I look so foward to play this game.

Two Tales

After a few weeks, before Christmas, of feeling uninspired and demotivated with this project. I'm now back, ploughing on with it.
I have encountered a slight problem though. Although I had taken plenty of photographs during the summer months for use in designing the backgrounds, some of them just didn't fit in the way I wanted them too in some of the woodland scenes. Unfortunately I can not just go out and take some new shots around the woods of Sussex as it is now winter and there's no leaves on the trees. I can not justify halting all development until summer just to take some new shots so I've had to resort to using a few google images.

I've also updated the website where you can get a small peak at a couple of other screens showing one of the mini-games and part of a puzzle: https://www.two-tales.com/

Two Tales

Hi all. Just a quick update...
I'd say I was about 90% done now. I can't give an exact date as I'm just doing what I can with what little free time I have, but it's getting close!
In the meantime, here's a few more screenies:

Not decided on the font yet... or the brightness contrast of the inventory. May be some tweaking involved:

The only map of the game area can be found in the form of a tourist information leaflet:

Rocchinator

The atmosphere of this game is awesome! good job

Slasher

Love the backgrounds... suits it... (nod)

Good luck with the project

Danvzare

It looks nice. :)
But um... why are all the screenshots so dark? Is it supposed to be set at night? Because those photos are clearly taken during the day.

shaun9991

Yes! Looks very cool
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Two Tales

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 04/03/2016 20:09:31
It looks nice. :)
But um... why are all the screenshots so dark? Is it supposed to be set at night? Because those photos are clearly taken during the day.

'Most' of the game is supposed to be set at dusk. You're right, I took most of the photographs during daylight but my photoshop skills are limited at best. It's also meant to encourage a dark, moody atmosphere. It's all experience and learning as I go. :smiley:

Creamy

It sure looks intriguing.
I can't wait to pick up all the flowers ;)

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Two Tales on Fri 04/03/2016 22:21:14
It's also meant to encourage a dark, moody atmosphere. It's all experience and learning as I go.

I love this phrase :)
also grrat shots!

Danvzare

Quote from: Two Tales on Fri 04/03/2016 22:21:14
'Most' of the game is supposed to be set at dusk. You're right, I took most of the photographs during daylight but my photoshop skills are limited at best. It's also meant to encourage a dark, moody atmosphere. It's all experience and learning as I go. :smiley:

Well you've definitely got the dark moody atmosphere down to a T. ;)
Also I want to add that the shots are really lovely. They definitely seem fitting for an adventure game. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk