[OpenSource] CGA: Christmas Game Arcade

Started by abstauber, Fri 18/12/2015 10:02:33

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

CGA
Christmas Game Arcade

Enjoy three nice laps of classic racing goodness. Or grab the sources and make a game yourself.

Features:
* 1 track, 3 laps, 24 presents
* 4 blazing colors
* Christmas spirit from 1981 8-)

Hopefully this evolves into a proper game next year, think of this more like a Christmas greeting card :)

Downloads
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1994/

Sources:
You need to use AGS 3.4.0.6 or higher to open and compile the sources
http://shatten.sonores.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/CGA_sources_1.0.7z (24 MB)

Amayirot Akago

Little nitpick, but it's spelled "laps" ;) That aside, WHOA :shocked: Authentic visuals and music, and hella impressive AGS programming. Love it!
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

abstauber

Oops, thanks! I've just corrected it.
And I'm glad you like it :)

Mandle

Quote from: abstauber on Fri 18/12/2015 10:02:33
CGA
Christmas Game Arcade

Enjoy three nice labs of classic racing goodness

Features:
* 1 track, 3 labs, 24 presents

The "laps" typo might not be quite fixed yet.

BUT be assured I'm gonna be rockin' this game before Xmas for sure! Looks like soooo much fun!

Stupot

3 labs! I'm gonna science the shit out of this game.

Seriously, though. Looks fun :-)

abstauber

Haha.. it seems like I only managed to fix all these misspelled variables and functions.
Boy, this typo is persistent :D

AnasAbdin

Thanks abstauber for the wild ride! :-D
I enjoyed a few labs as well hehe but seriously thanks for the memories and for sharing the source code.

Cassiebsg

Sweet, looking forward to play it with my son. Have a feeling he might enjoy it. ;)
And if I have the time, I might grab the source and MOD it... (nod)

Congrats on on finishing it on time for x-mas even!
And don't sweat it with the typos... at least you're consistent. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

THE GAME IS AWESOME!!!!

And please rip the soundtrack off from:

HERE

And play that in the background...

Mehrdad

Amazing. great game ;-D
Thanks a lot for source
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Cassiebsg

I got a few cars running outside of the lanes... (laugh) and runs rather slow on my computer, not sure if this is the intended speed though.
And maybe you could make it stop once you picked all the presents, and not just after the 3 laps? just a suggestion. ;)

Anyway, thanks! It was great to play a "simple" game again. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

abstauber

Thanks a lot for the comments - unfortunately I couldn't reply earlier (office Christmas party went overboard)
It feels really great that you could warm your hearts for this a silly niche game (nod)

@Mandle
During the time when I couldn't get the hills right and involuntarily sent those elves through a hell of stairs and walls I had this song on my mind :D

@Cassiebsg
Hehe, the car AI is really really basic, they simply cannot brake and must evade crashes. That's why the other cars go offroads sometimes, but it should be easy to fix. The function for the AI is TRACK::update_car_offset.
Have you played it with your kid yet?
Oh.. and it would be interesting how many fps you get while playing it. For this you need to open Room10 and comment Debug(4,1) back in.

Anyway, thanks for playing! :)

cat

With my third try I finally managed to collect all presents - thanks for that nice Christmas game!

Elvis Tanner

Thanks for this nice little game. It's always fun to see someone create something extraordinary with AGS. And special thanks for releasing the sources and allowing others to build upon!

kconan

Christmas Pole Position, awesome!  And thanks for putting up the source code, its hugely helpful!

Traveler

Thank you for making this - great arcade game idea and I'd totally want to play an arcade pack in CGA theme. I may even be willing to buy a game like this for my daughter, given that difficulty / volume can be controlled and there are different games in the pack.

I think if you have the time to make a game like that, you have a winner on your hands.

Danvzare

Quote from: Traveler on Fri 25/03/2016 02:43:03
Thank you for making this - great arcade game idea and I'd totally want to play an arcade pack in CGA theme. I may even be willing to buy a game like this for my daughter, given that difficulty / volume can be controlled and there are different games in the pack.

I think if you have the time to make a game like that, you have a winner on your hands.

Ooh, that does sound good.
+1 (nod)

abstauber

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I never thought that there are still some CGA palette fans out there, my family was mostly put off by the color choice :P
I have plans to add a jump'n run stage (in the vain of Commander Keen) for the next holiday season, let's see if I manage find some spare time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk