Forum Game: the UEFS Shrike

Started by WHAM, Thu 17/09/2015 09:21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Just want to point out that my real life -stuff is still ongoing, so if I miss some updates, it's because of that. Feel free to pile on extra commands, though. When I do update I'll do my best to run as many commands as I sensibly can to make up for missing so many updates.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

> Make a step backwards.

You take a step back to see how the mechanical spider reacts. The hologram disappears and the machine seems to watch you in an almost curious fashion.

> Catch spider with helmet

You decide not to take any more chances. For all you know this single mechanical spider is the sole cause of the destruction of your ship! You grab the spare helmet in your hand and slam it down, trapping the spider inside. At least you think it's probably trapped in there.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

>move helmet somewhere where it is not in the way, set weapon to welding, weld helmet to the ground

WHAM

> Move helmet somewhere where it is not in the way, set weapon to welding, weld helmet to the ground

You drag the helmet to the corner of the room while the mechanical arachnid within chirps in curious tones.
The weapon does not have a welding -setting, so you instead set it to a fairly low power setting and fire the secondary fire-mode: the hellwhip energy beam.
The invisible beam melts the plastic layer on the outside of the helmet, merging it with the floor. It's not exactly welded, but should not budge too easily.

(Sorry for the long delay. One more week, two at most, and I should have my shit in order.)

Erenan

> Go through causeway door A, knock on habitation door A, and say "is anyone in there?"
The Bunker

WHAM

> Go through causeway door A, knock on habitation door A, and say "is anyone in there?"

You step into causeway A, walk up to the door labeled "HAB A" and pound your fist on the unyielding metal surface, calling out to anyone that might be inside: "Is anyone there!?"

A few short seconds pass in silence, followed by a blood-curdling scream echoing from somewhere within. It sounds like someone, a man by the sound of him, is in great pain.

selmiak

> open door
> display minimap

NightHawk

>Ready the pistol and clear hab a.

WHAM

> Ready pistol, open door and clear Hab A

The door should have opened when you approached, or when knocked at the very least. Yet the slab of metal remains quite closed, barring entry.

> Display minimap

"Display shipboard map." -you say out loud, the suit computer picking up on the command. It seems the suit has downloaded the simplified map you saw before and the image flashes before your eyes, though it is still a rather simple and crude depiction.

cat

selmiak

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 07/12/2015 22:18:59
> Move helmet somewhere where it is not in the way, set weapon to welding, weld helmet to the ground

You drag the helmet to the corner of the room while the mechanical arachnid within chirps in curious tones.
The weapon does not have a welding -setting, so you instead set it to a fairly low power setting and fire the secondary fire-mode: the hellwhip energy beam.
The invisible beam melts the plastic layer on the outside of the helmet, merging it with the floor. It's not exactly welded, but should not budge too easily.

okay, finally I have some more orientation, I thought yellow black thing in the bottom is some kind of elevator or so, but it is a door :P
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/u4Olie8.png[/imgzoom]

WHAM

> Try to open door B

You walk up to the next door, but it, too, remains closed for you.

(Selmiak, just to be clear, the platform in the room with the black-n-yellow stripes is an elevating platform that leads up. No door.)

Erenan

> Try to enter Hab door C

I'm assuming that will fail. If it does...

> Try to enter door labeled "Gen"
The Bunker

NightHawk

>Go to the hall outside of security.

Gilbert

I've just received a PM from WHAM about his current status and why this thread is inactive ATM.
I'd rather not talk about what happened, unless he decides to post details here himself.
Anyway, he may still continue this game later but for the time being I'll lock this thread to avoid it being bumped up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk