MAGS January "Black Death" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Sat 02/01/2016 05:49:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Frith

Looks like I am participating too! Join us on the AGS irc channel for daily MAGS babbling.

jwalt

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 06/01/2016 05:47:47

(Oh, and if your budget allows: You need to get Samuel L. Jackson to do the voice acting :P )

I don't anticipate music/sound/voice acting in what I'm working up. I can't afford Jackson. Hell, I couldn't even afford Dave Gilbert, who might have the voice I'd need for:

Spoiler

Sorry for the jpg image; all I had at the moment. No hands on him, but I've got an idea for something I'd like to try regarding hands. Also not exactly able to explain what this guy has to do with The Black Death, but my whole idea has a pretty nebulous tie-in to the topic.
[close]

Currently have a good start on the artwork for the rooms. Also came up with a lame idea for a "joke" room, if I can get it to work.

Atavismus

I like what I see and read guyz!
Can't wait to play your games! :)
Good luck you all!

cat

Creamy and I are going to join this MAGS with a game in a historical setting :-D
I did quite a bunch of research already and he has made some amazing artwork. Let's keep the fingers crossed that we make it in time!

jwalt

Bit of a shock when I cobbled together enough assets to want to look at them in a game setting. The "default" game template seems hopelessly broken on my system. Is Roger lost and gone forever, Clementine? Thank God (and Ghost) for that BASS template, or I'd be dead in the water. Making progress. Currently thinking Luther in the Hood might make a good title. But my storyline stil sucks.

Noto

Amazing choice of a topic, no wonder so many people are entering this time around. Because I'm still preoccupied with finishing up what was supposed to be my MAGS entry for last month, I won't be able to enter this one, but have already used its topic as a launching point for a possible future game.

Good luck to all the other participants!

Gurok

How many people's games have a plague doctor? :D From talk on IRC, it seems to be everybody's apart from jwalt's.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Mandle

Quote from: Gurok on Tue 12/01/2016 20:32:54
How many people's games have a plague doctor? :D From talk on IRC, it seems to be everybody's apart from jwalt's.

Don't be ridiculous my good man! People working on MAGS simply have no time to chat on IRC...You must be feverish...

I know a doctor that makes house calls...I'll give him a call for you...But, be warned, he only visits at the stroke of midnight... ;)

jwalt

I feel I'm still making good progress, although I'm concerned that the dialogs are going to get the best of me. Wondering if most of the game bugs don't turn up, one way or another, in the dialog tress.

Spoiler

[close]

If I can, I'd like to do two more, basically joke, rooms. Could probably get one of them working, but less sure my idea for the other one is actually do-able.

Retro Wolf

Your Kingdom is under threat from a mysterious plague! The Minister of War wants trouble! Will you become a man of the people as The Minister of Social Issues desires, or raise taxes to keep the treasury full? Meanwhile The Minister of Science needs funding for his heretical experiments, but the Church needs a new roof! Who will you support? Who will you anger? Who has a hidden agenda Your Grace?!

Stupot

Looking like some interesting ideas are being had.
We're halfway though January. What is everyone's progress?
By the way, any participants on Twitter can you share your twitter handles? Cheers :-)

jwalt

Working on dialog. Need to do the room for the "credits," and still hope to add one of the "joke" rooms. Made the "cut scene" that closes out the game play. It wasn't as hard to do as I thought it would be, and it seems okay to my none too critical eye. Unless I get bogged down in the dialog, a distinct possibility, I remain hopeful.

Funkpanzer

Everything is a bit of a mess right now as I keep coming up with puzzles that fit into the story better but I'm about half way there, with 13 of the 19 rooms wired. I imagine a lot of them are going to look like this in my entry:
Spoiler
[close]
Music and sound are going to be pretty important and I really don't want to make another silent game this month so a lot of time has been spent refining ambient sounds and music so they blend together well.

https://soundcloud.com/charlietwitch/gardenlooprough/s-wSZaj

I'm actually really happy with how this has turned out so far, unlike last month where I was trying to force AGS to do something it definitely wasn't designed to do! :-D

jwalt

The problem with placeholder art...

I dumped a NASA photo I like, of the Horse Head Nebula in Orion, into my game as a temporary background in one of the rooms. The more I've been in and out of the room, the more appropriate the photo seems for the room, and for what happens in the room. I'm now reluctant to try to replace it. Further, I doubt I have the pixeling or modeling skills to do my own version of the photo. Leaving it in would violate the original artwork provision for MAGs and may force me to drop out, thus saving Stupot+ the pain and anguish (or the joy and satisfaction) of disqualifying me for totally missing the point of this month's topic. Next time I use a piece of placeholder art, I'll make sure it's something I absolutely hate.

Otherwise...

I have one more "cut scene" to code, and the game should be playable from beginning to end. Then begins the bug hunt.

Creamy

So many promising games. I have a good feeling about this competition :)

Our game's shaping up nicely too.

@ Funkpanzer : 19 backgrounds, really? 8-0

Retro Wolf

Jesus Creamy you're going to win on that animation alone!

Dropped Monocle Games

Atavismus

Ok, I'm hooked, I want to play them all! ;)
I guess the vote won't be easy hehe
Good luck all!

cat

The first part of the game will be finished soon. So we are looking for one or two testers that have some time at their hands and want to join our team ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk