Outta' Juice! [MAGS December 2015]

Started by Funkpanzer, Mon 04/01/2016 14:52:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkpanzer

Presenting Outta' Juice!

You play as Sport and it's your job to make sure the spin students in Coach's class don't run Outta' Juice!

Collect items from the three rooms in Coach's gym then go see him to start the round. Be sure to follow Coach's instructions! Keep all the spinners from collapsing until the timer runs out and watch those delicious, failure prone point algorithms do their thing!

Download: OuttaJuice.b1.zip

This is my first game ever and I'm really happy with how it turned out, despite the issues and it not being finished. There are a lot of things that don't work but I'm planning on putting some time aside at some point to finish up and add the final level. :) Hope this is fun for some of you!

Thanks to Snarky for help with the game timer.

Know issues

• Empty inventory slots are still selectable
  • Sound and music missing almost everywhere
  • Being outside of the main room when the time runs out will prevent the level from ending
  • Level 4 doesn't work at all (but the coffee machine does!)

CaptainD

Gratz on getting your entry finished! ;-D

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release! :)

I've found a bug on level 2
Spoiler

You can pick up the refreshments forever... meaning it's rather easy since you never run out of juice...
[close]

Haven't finished yet, all my plants seemed to have died... maybe I should have payed more attention to the instructions... (roll)
Is there a way to save, or do I need to start over ever time?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

kconan

I love the color palette and overall graphics style!

Funkpanzer

Thanks for the support!

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 04/01/2016 17:27:37
Congrats on the release! :)

I've found a bug on level 2
Spoiler

You can pick up the refreshments forever... meaning it's rather easy since you never run out of juice...
[close]

Haven't finished yet, all my plants seemed to have died... maybe I should have payed more attention to the instructions... (roll)
Is there a way to save, or do I need to start over ever time?

Thank you for pointing the refreshment bug out, replacing individual objects with hotspots was a last minute addition!

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to get saves to work with the BASS template so I had to remove them for the MAGS entry. I ended up loweing the round timers to account for this after playing through the first two levels way too many times. :P

Level 3 is just hard but regarding running out of juice:
Spoiler
Spinners and flowers can be Outta' Juice for roughly 10 seconds before they die.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk