The Eternal Night

Started by Dos4/GW, Thu 07/01/2016 01:46:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Dos4/GW

The Eternal Night: You play as a desk clerk working the graveyard shift at a run-down hotel. Things are as boring as usual until...
Well, you'll find out!

*Please note that this game was abandoned, and though it can be completed, it is a somewhat unfinished state. I made this game a number of years ago just as a way to learn
AGS and more about game making in general. Also note that due to a bug, you will have to exit the game manually when the "Chapter 2" screen is displayed. Run the game in
windowed mode to make this easier.*

Zip File Download

Also, be sure to check out my current game, Midnight at the Celestial Palace!

Darth Mandarb

So... this isn't actually in production?

SilverSpook

Cool pixel art techniques there, with the noise thing!

Dos4/GW

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 07/01/2016 03:31:00
So... this isn't actually in production?

No, it's not. You can play through the game completely, but it's light on features and it has quite a few bugs. I would have put it in the completed games forums, but it isn't what I'd call "complete," though perhaps just by my own standards. I essentially abandoned it years ago, but I thought people would enjoy it for what it is. If there's a better suited place to put it, I can certainly post there or the thread can be moved. I just wasn't quite sure where to put this; I didn't see any place specifically for abandoned projects.

Darth Mandarb

If it's not actually in production it doesn't belong in here.

Seems more like you just wanted to pimp promote your new game on the AGS forums (nod).

Which is fine (and encouraged)... it just doesn't belong in here (wrong)

If this game (The Eternal Night) is technically playable from start to finish I'd suggest posting it in the Completed Games board (check the board rules and maybe PM the moderator to double-check first).

If you want to pimp your new game (which does look pretty nice!) use the Adventure Related Talk & Chat board for that!

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk