Ever used an adventure game line in real life?

Started by ManicMatt, Tue 16/10/2018 14:13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ManicMatt

A few years ago, I was running a video game store, and this kid came up to the counter. He'd learned a tongue twister and had likely gone around bedazzling people with his ability to say it quickly and clearly.

He said "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?".

I smiled, and replied with equal speed and clarity. "A woodchuck wouldn't chuck wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood because a woodchuck doesn't chuck wood."

His face of amazement was priceless!

I love that of all the people he could have said that to, how many would have fired back with that reply?

Have you ever found yourself using an adventure game phrase or line without the context of that game?

tzachs

In Mittens New Orleans we went to a voodoo museum/shop, and I sat next to a slightly creepy yet kinda cool voodoo dude. And we talked a little bit, I don't remember exactly what he told me but he basically presented himself as an expert on voodoo and invited me to ask him questions.
I'm sure you can guess what I asked him. And he seriously replied and told me stuff about voodoo.
I'm both proud and ashamed of that moment. :-[

Click'd

CaptainD

Does looking at random objects and saying "Nice!" count?

ManicMatt

Tzachs: Ha, at least it wasn't a voodoo lady!

ClickClickClick: Heh. But in what context? Clothes? Random household items?

CaptainD: It can! In which case I've said that too! I've also said "Yikes!".

CaptainD

Ah, Zak, Zak, Zak... without you I would probably never have exclaimed "Yikes!" at things...

I'd also like to throw "It's alive!" in from EfMI :grin:

Privateer Puddin'

"That's the second biggest <object> I've ever seen" I use a lot

josiah1221

Babar

Someone once actually said "You make me wanna puke".
You know how I replied to that :grin:. It was glorious!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

cat

My one-year old daughter likes to "use <random object> on <other random object>" and sometimes I comment this with generic replies like "That doesn't work" or "I don't think so" :)

Mandle

I've called people on my phone by mistake and just left the message "Nevermind" after hanging up.

Sounds like adventure game dialog logic.

Actually, is there an adventure game where you go to talk to an NPC and see no new dialog options and just click "Nevermind" instead and the NPC says "What do you mean, "nevermind"? You takin' the piss?" and you have to engage in a new long conversation about useless chit-chat?

That could be awesome!

Stupot

I try to squeeze in “You crack me up little buddy” whenever I can.

Danvzare

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 16/10/2018 15:10:53
Does looking at random objects and saying "Nice!" count?
Yes... yes it does. Even I do that one.

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 17/10/2018 11:02:47
Same here. Unfortunately that's not many places you can use that one. :~(

Ghost

I see a lot of very smelly stuff in my job. I like to go in there claiming, "I can hold my breath for ten minutes."
No-one gets it though. F*kken CoD players... :=

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 17/10/2018 11:02:47

By the way.... Is the voice of Bill in Lamplight City the same voice actor as Max? If not, then he sure does sound exactly like him at times.

ManicMatt

Great stuff!

So has no one left their wallet/ID in their other trousers?

CaptainD

I have to admit that I've used quotes from SoMI's insult sword-fighting on a number of occasions... :-D

HanaIndiana

I have uttered "Aaaah, life giving water, nectar of the gods", on more than one occasion. Usually after a server refills my water... much to my wife's dismay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7QHC9R9A7E

Jack

"What can be said that isn't painfully obvious?"

RIP Gary Owens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk