Author Topic: Community "pick of the month"  (Read 58195 times)

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    • I can help with translating
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Community "pick of the month"
« Reply #320 on: 01 Dec 2020, 15:45 »
Suggestion:

Maverick Gunn and the Eye of Oggun

You are looking for a tresure? Well, look no more, this treasure hunt will lead you through an Indiana Jones inspired adventure on some tropical islands. Interesting characters, lots of puzzles and beautiful graphics await you in this little gem looking for a gem!

« Reply #321 on: 20 Dec 2020, 20:02 »
Belated thank you, Sinitrena. I've set Tampere's proposition for January and yours for February.

« Reply #322 on: 28 Feb 2021, 09:01 »
Since you've been binge-playing games for the AGS Awards nominations, why not share your discoveries  ;-D

Just write a little blurb about any worthwhile free AGS game in this thread and we'll make it the next Pick of the month.

The list of previous Picks.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2021, 09:20 by Creamy »

« Reply #323 on: 28 Feb 2021, 10:14 »
I can't believe The Cabin hasn't been awarded Pick of the Month yet, so:

The Cabin

"Why are you in this cabin? And where *is* this cabin? Why is snow the only thing you can remember? Piece together the clues in this enigmatic and beautiful first-person mystery!"

« Reply #324 on: 28 Feb 2021, 11:33 »
I second Laura's choice of The Cabin. Outstanding game!

With the awards coming up, I guess some of the games from yesteryear will get their deserved attention there. I'll certainly be happy to write a suggestion about picking Zniw, Off the Clock or Money Mansion if they by some off chance don't win anything.

« Reply #325 on: 28 Feb 2021, 14:10 »
I can't believe The Cabin hasn't been awarded Pick of the Month yet, so:

The Cabin

"Why are you in this cabin? And where *is* this cabin? Why is snow the only thing you can remember? Piece together the clues in this enigmatic and beautiful first-person mystery!"

Hyperspace coordinates locked in, thank you  :)

With the awards coming up, I guess some of the games from yesteryear will get their deserved attention there. I'll certainly be happy to write a suggestion about picking Zniw, Off the Clock or Money Mansion if they by some off chance don't win anything.
Yes, it's never too late to give some recognition to an overlooked game. That's something that I like in the Pick.  Only free games are eligible though (sorry Zniw).

« Reply #326 on: 03 Mar 2021, 10:00 »
After seeing the award nominations, I feel I have to suggest an overlooked title for one of the upcoming months.

Suggestion:

Money Mansion

So you liked Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle? Want to play more with the heroes from those games? Sorry, this one is about the bad guys! In a wonderful mash-up of Disney's Uncle Scrooge and MM, try to get ahold of a million bucks to keep the Mansion. You play as Dr. Fred, Edna and Ed, who each have their own weaknesses and (lack of) abilities. Enjoy bizarre humour and solve challenging puzzles in your quest to take that money! Flirt with a statue! Beat the security system! Watch TV! Oh, just play the game, won’t you?