MAGGIES 2023 (Vote until March 20th)

Started by Stupot, Sat 03/02/2024 05:35:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

The deadline for voting is now set at 23:59 GMT on March 20th.

Now it's time to decide the best of the best. The cream of the crop. The cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the toad in the hole... Now I'm just hungry.

It's time to cast your mind back to 2023 and vote for your favourite games among the winning MAGS monthly entries. There are 14 entries to choose from (as we had two winners each in June and September).

Voting is simple. Just choose your best three games in no particular order. The game with the most tallied votes will be the winner.

A few requests before we proceed.

1) Please try to have played as many of the games as possible (preferably all of them). If you really don't have time to play every game, some of them have videos you can watch instead (🎬). I will try to add more videos over the next couple of weeks.
2) Only one submission per person.
3) Please vote for games based on their own merits (visual, enjoyment, puzzles etc.). Don't just vote for your friend or fellow countryman's games.
4) You do NOT have to be logged into a Google account but you will be asked for your AGS forum name for verification purposes.

Click here to vote

The winner will be announced as part of the forthcoming AGS Awards ceremony.

Now, here are the games.
As always. Please let me know if I've missed anything.

January
The Sea
The Devil's Teeth
by GOC Games
🎬

February
Make a Demo
Splendor Solis (demo)
by tbook

March
Uplifting
Elevation
by Rootbound

April
Hiking
The Errand
by 4KbShort
🎬

May
Air
The Passenger
by 4KbShort
🎬

June*
Stranded
The Road Trip
by 4KbShort

June*
Stranded
Mad Jack: Breakdown Shakedown
by Rootbound

July
Last One
Tales from a Forgotten Tavern
by Ponch

August
Distance/Separation
The Distant Door
by Durinde
🎬

September*
No Talking, Please
The Delivery
by 4KbShort

September*
No Talking, Please
Lost & Found
by Creamy

October
Prolific
Super Author Simulator 2023
by Rootbound

November
Worlds Collide
Worlds Literally Collide
by The Great Underground Empire

December
Forbidden
Dead Phones
by noblonski

(* June and September had two winners each)

Stupot

If anyone can help making videos of some of the games, that would be a great help. Games that currently have videos are marked with this clapperboard 🎬. If you are able, you can PM me the link or just post it below.

Happy voting

heltenjon

Ponch

pell

When is the deadline for voting?

RootBound

Voted.  :)

@The Great Underground Empire I finally got around to playing Worlds Literally Collide, and I have to say, it was hilarious. I really appreciated
Spoiler
the combination of ridiculous humor and references to realistic physics. As a space fan, I was thoroughly amused.  (laugh)

Got stuck with the babies though. I have the gold disc but can't figure out how to use it. All the other entities have been chased away.
[close]
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Stupot

Quote from: pell on Mon 05/02/2024 17:59:57When is the deadline for voting?
To be confirmed. It's all down to when the AGS Award ceremony is set for (late-March-ish). When we know the exact date, I'll close the voting a few days before it.

pell

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 05/02/2024 20:52:26
To be confirmed. It's all down to when the AGS Award ceremony is set for (late-March-ish). When we know the exact date, I'll close the voting a few days before it.

If I were to make videos, should they be full playthroughs?

Stupot

Quote from: pell on Tue 06/02/2024 07:18:35

Whatever you can do would be great. My personal preference is full playthroughs with no talking over the game audio, but if that's not your style, that's cool. Anything that gives a flavour of the gameplay and graphics, and  shows off some of the puzzles, would be awesome.

pell

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 06/02/2024 08:03:04
Quote from: pell on Tue 06/02/2024 07:18:35

Whatever you can do would be great. My personal preference is full playthroughs with no talking over the game audio, but if that's not your style, that's cool. Anything that gives a flavour of the gameplay and graphics, and  shows off some of the puzzles, would be awesome.

OK. Thanks.

cat

I've played all the games, left a comment in the database where available and voted.
Lots of great games this year!

RootBound

My votes have been cast.

I also just want to say thanks for all the new positive comments on Elevation.  :)  It's really heartening and fulfilling to see that little game get some more love all these months later.  :)
They/them. Here are some of my games:

Stupot

The deadline for voting is now set at 23:59 GMT on March 20th.

Play the games and get your votes in if you haven't already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk