Alternative Knowledge

Started by NickyNyce, Wed 20/01/2016 12:24:11

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyNyce

Star Wars Battlefront should make a Dr. Judy Wood DLC pack.

[This thread was split from here to contain off-topic and tongue-in-cheek posts. - Moderators]

Snarky

Hey, anyone excited about the return of the X-Files?

Mandle

I'm sooo excited to play this game!

Stupot

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 20/01/2016 13:56:27
Oh yes! It's pretty much all I can think about these days :-D

I wonder how many minutes it will be before 9/11 get a mention in the first episode.

Darth Mandarb

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 20/01/2016 15:20:43
Oh yes! It's pretty much all I can think about these days :-D

I wonder how many minutes it will be before 9/11 get a mention in the first episode.

The "Pilot" episode of "The Lone Gunmen" (spinoff series from X-files) was aired about 6 months before 9/11 and the plot was planes crashing into the twin towers (by remote control though)...

The pilots that actually carried out the attacks were already in America by then and in pilot school though so the show did not inspire the attacks....

But it's a crazy case of foreshadowing, much like the "Titan" ship sinking novel printed just before the Titanic sank...

Galen

AGA

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 20/01/2016 15:28:51

Quote from: Galen on Wed 20/01/2016 18:02:14

Normally we don't do image macros in the proper forums, but I think we can make an exception for this thread...

Snarky

Hmmm... There doesn't seem to be much appetite for another "serious" discussion around this, but if someone does want to debate monkey's arguments, I'll split off the off-topic stuff, and probably merge the rest with the original thread.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: AGA on Wed 20/01/2016 18:43:15Normally we don't do image macros in the proper forums, but I think we can make an exception for this thread...

Normally I wouldn't either.  But...

I figured if a global-moderator did it, it was okay.  I will retreat to the GiP now :P

Andail

Since there's an original thread already debating this, I'd say this thread is up for imminent locking/removal.

...but if people want to let out some steam by posting macros and/or other crap maybe we should keep it open for a day or so!

selmiak

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk