MAGS February "RON 15th Anniversary" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Mon 01/02/2016 00:15:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

I'm going for the North American meaning of dame, since Max is an old-school detective.

jwalt

Messed around a bit more with that music video using the RoN assets. Not sure if I made it better, or worse. Mostly, it remains the same:

https://www.mediafire.com/?32rh8j9dri5w512

Edit: Working on another modification to this. I've got the rabbit doing some stuff. Working on timing the rabbit's actions at the moment.

Edit 2: Updated link. Rabbit timing still an issue, but off and on, it works like I wanted it to. Not nearly as fond of the song as I was before I launched into this project.  ;)

DarkWater

Just about two weeks left, how's everybody coming along? ???

Retro Wolf

CaptainD

I would have really liked to join in, I've always wanted to make a RON game, but I just don't have the time atm >:(

Wishing everyone the best with their entries! ;)

Stupot

5 days left, MAGSers.
How are things coming along?

DarkWater

I'm still hoping to get something playable done in time :-\

Speaking of which, It's probably been asked before, but “Ending: February 29th” in what time zone? ???

Retro Wolf

I'm looking for two beta testers to play the shit out of my game and try to break it. Anyone interested?
Applicants must not be afraid of jokes about cunnilingus.

Retro Wolf

[imgzoom]http://s10.postimg.org/okbeywsnt/Image2.png[/imgzoom]

Detective Max Griff gets a call from the local Sheriff, there's a headless body in the forest!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Remember to use the HINT button for help.
If played in window, use the 2x filter at least.

Music Farty Crooks by Eric Matyas.

DarkWater

Well… unless I somehow majorly screw up the code in the next 20 some hours, I should have a game ready to enter into MAGS this month :-D

Stupot

Quote from: DarkWater on Mon 29/02/2016 01:57:10
Well… unless I somehow majorly screw up the code in the next 20 some hours, I should have a game ready to enter into MAGS this month :-D
Good luck Darkwater. You still have 9 and s half hours :-)

@Wolf - thanks for your entry. I look forward to giving it a go.

@Jwalt - is the link above your final version?

Any more surprise entrants?

DarkWater

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 29/02/2016 14:30:04
Good luck Darkwater. You still have 9 and s half hours :-)

Well... it looks like I'll make it in time. :-D
I just have to give it a few tweaks and a couple more run troughs, then it'll be ready to upload. 

In the mean time, here are a few preview pics...

I hope click-able links at ImageVenue are acceptable, I couldn't seem to get the images hosted at MediaFire to show up here. :-\

jwalt

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 29/02/2016 14:30:04
@Jwalt - is the link above your final version?

Only one version of "my game." Several versions of the music video, which is not an entry. Sorry for any confusion.

Game download: https://www.mediafire.com/?9i998904qtl0if5

Retro Wolf

jwalt I played your entry and I think there's potential for an interesting game. How about making an interactive music video where you have until the song ends to solve a problem?

DarkWater

Home Sweet RoN

Davy's little brother seems to have wandered off. Keep an eye out for him while trying to get the good people of Reality where they need to go.

Creamy

I've played, enjoyed and finished The Case of the Muffin Diver. It was funny and not too challenging.

I've tried BoogieBum too. It'd be better if the bum wasn't so slow (the animation delay is too high).

jwalt

I took the Muffin Diver for a spin. Enjoyable.

@ DarkWater

I tried Home Sweet Ron, but got dumped back to the desktop when Elandra clicked on the Pizza Boxes in Dominatrix Pizza. Says no such function in Script for hPizzaBoxes_interact. I didn't verify a consistent error, but suspect it is probably going to be one.

Edit: Completed Home Sweet RoN. Very enjoyable, entertaining, and instructive.

Sorry about the slow walking Bum in my game.

Creamy

QuoteSorry about the slow walking Bum in my game.
Well, it's not that inconvenient. I reported it in case you had wanted to update the game before the deadline.
The bum still rocks :cool:

Stupot

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

Thanks to all ye who entered :-)

Boogie Bum by Jwalt
The Case of the Muffin Diver by Retro Wolf
Home Sweet RoN by DarkWater

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS FEBRUARY

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite

Voting Ends: March 15th

__________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S. Let me know if I screwed up any links or anything :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk