Autoblight

Started by Dropped Monocle Games, Mon 01/02/2016 21:57:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropped Monocle Games

“Success in creating AI would be the biggest event in human history, unfortunately it might also be the last..."
- Stephen Hawking

Since the industrial revolution, mankind has surged forward in developing astounding technology. We create ways to connect with the ones we love, repair those who are broken, and destroy those who would stand in our way...

Our world is plunged into chaos when a corrupt military AI decides that Earth is wasted on humanity. Using an experimental virus against them, the AI begins a bio-war that lays waste to millions of humans, powerless to fight the plague sweeping the globe.

Your journey begins as PDU 5660, otherwise known as Serket. A medical AI programmed to assist the humans afflicted with the plague, Serket may find themselves to be humanity's last hope.

Can you find a way to shine a light on our animatronic hero's hidden powers? Do you have what it takes to fight back against the rogue AI? Without you, what will become of a world shrouded in the black smog of the Autoblight?

Update: February
Update 2: February

NickyNyce

Very cool. I love the dark moody BG's. Sounds and looks like you have all the right ingredients.

SeamanNaranja

Fantastic art! :shocked: Love the grey color scheme and the art style on the main character. Setting sounds interesting as well. Will follow this closely! :smiley:
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Blondbraid

Gotta agree on the previous comments, and a plague doctor robot is one of the most exciting choices for a protagonist that I've seen this year, which may not say much as it's only February, but well, I do like it all the same. It does remind me of The seventh seal.

SilverSpook

Looks really excellent.  Ditto on the greyscale colorscheme.  Gives me a slight "9" (the Tim Burton one) feel which is a good thing in my case.  I can't say no to anything involving a rogue world-dominating AI!

AnasAbdin

Great game Sox ;-D
I love the art style. I also think I prefer calling the hero PDU 5660 because Serket is hard to remember (laugh)

Dropped Monocle Games

Thank you for the kind words :D

Update:
So another background has been finished, some new GUIS, loads of new animations, dialogue and scripting!
Here are some screens of some of the new stuff.

CaptainD

Looks amazing, and love the storyline.  Great stuff!

CrashPL

An adventure game set in the future? With intelligent robot protagonist? You have my full attention, good Sir. :D
Great character design/animation and the choice of the overall world atmosphere. Will definitely be checking this one!

Dropped Monocle Games

Update:

We've been working on the final cutscene, polishing animations, adding more dialog and sorting out a bit of voice acting too!
here is a sneak peak at some more artwork an animations.

here is some of the background animation (dont want to show the whole background ;) )

SilverSpook

Drink your future-milk kids, strong beaks and bones are necessary to fight the Robopocalypse!

Two avian thumbs way up. :)

xBRANEx

I love how this looks.
The idea is also beautiful, many good questions arise

SilverSpook

BTW I can voice something if you are still scouting for roles to fill.  Really look forward to this!

Problem

Thanks for the offer! We currently don't need any new voices. It's a short game (originally planned for MAGS) and it doesn't need a lot of voice acting. And since most characters are robots, our approach to voice acting is a little... different. ;)

SilverSpook

Ah, nice.  I understand about the most characters being robots thing. :)

mercenario

Interesting work, good graphics and great concept

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk