SPRITE JAM: (DONE!)

Started by Mad, Thu 07/01/2016 16:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad

Astrobiology

As the title suggests, I want you to play astrobiologists and imagine possible pathways evolution has taken on other worlds with quite different environments.

You can choose any planet you like, from your favourite book or movie, your own imagination, or an existing exoplanet.

Should you follow the latter route, you may find some inspiration here or in this video.

To make things a little more interesting,  I'd like your creations to be multicellular.  But it can of course be a plant, animal, fungus... or any hybrid you can come up with.
Here's another video with some nice examples.

Lastly,  I'd like you to name and describe your chosen planet and why your alien life form fits the bill.

Happy spriting...

Edit:

David Bowie (RIP)

Details in next post...

Mad

In regard to the tragic news of Bowies death, I thought we could expand this jam a bit.

Bowie was an artistic genius! Not only as a musician, but designer, actor, and dare I say game designer.

So, I thought it quite fitting for you creative folk to honour the man in this medium.
Whoever likes, may offer up a sprite depicting one of Bowies numerous incarnations, from film or music.

If anyone has already started with the other topic, I don't see that as a problem, since David Bowies genius was not of this world, either...

Mad

So, that deadline made quite an audible whooshing sound!

How should we proceed from here? It'd be a shame to let the sprite jam go down with such a feeble wimper.

I'd be open to just step aside and let, whoever has a good idea for the next competition, take over.

Open to suggestions, of course...

Misj'

Quote from: Mad on Sat 23/01/2016 07:35:57It'd be a shame to let the sprite jam go down with such a feeble wimper.
I haven't had time to visit the site lately...so yeah, I kinda missed this one. Anyway, Mad, I drew this one tonight just for you for keeping the Jam alive:

ps. and yes, I'm way past the deadline, so I'm officially disqualified ;D
pps. Oh, and I went for bonus points by making my guy/gall exo- and not just astrobiological.

EDIT: apparently something went wrong when I uploaded the image. Will reupload later today.

Mad

Great sprite, as always!
A deserving winner under any circumstances.

So, if you're willing,  it's yours to take away!

Please breathe new life into this once great competition...

kconan

Misj'

Quote from: Mad on Tue 26/01/2016 18:24:22A deserving winner under any circumstances.

So, if you're willing,  it's yours to take away!
Quote from: kconan on Tue 26/01/2016 19:27:05I vote for Misj.

I'm pretty sure we're thinking about different meanings of the word disqualified (due to being too late). :-D

I've created a new Sprite Jam, and this time it's all about Attractive Female Villains.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk