Video Tutorial - Sammy's Quest files, searched here and Google before posting

Started by Yusami, Sat 24/10/2015 10:52:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Yusami

First off, hello! I've been playing point and clicks for years and have always wanted to dabble in them and put my art degree background to some use. I found these wonderful tutorials by Densming and I hope to learn a lot from them.

I've looked all over for the files he uses in the tutorials and I cannot find them. The closest I've come is a Gen. Discussions post (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=40995.0) where the only answer was to look at the videos and the video announcement post and neither contain links to the files unless I've missed them badly.

You really need the files Densming is using for Sammy's Quest to follow along in the tutorial step by step. I learn much better that way and I'm sure others have been looking for them as well.

Thank you in advance for any help and I'm really happy to see a community of point and click adventure game lovers that is so active!

Yusami

Oh my god! I'm so aorry! I feel like an idiot... xC I actually didn't think of that. Thank you, though. I hate that my first post here was a dumb one.

Sslaxx

Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Yusami

Thanks, I'm glad you guys seem so nice :D I messaged him and if he's okay with it I'll post a link to the files for others to find.

LootHunter

Hello.
So what's up with links to "Sammy's Quest" sprites and other resources in Densming's tutorials?

I myself began to "walk through" these video tutorials but was confused by Densming's "Now we shall make Sammy's Quest, lets take these sprites of Sammy..." and there is no sprites to be found. The only thing, I was managed to find is the topic, where Densming is actually promised to publish a link to the resources (http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=35579.0) but there is no link there.

So it's all rather frustrating...

Cassiebsg

I'm guessing he's not taking care of it anymore. Some times ppl do stuff and then life changes and one has no longer time/interest (insert reason here) to maintain it.
Just make your own "dummy" sprites or BG, or download some (Google). It doesn't really matter that you're not using the exact same files.
I didn't even "do" the tutorial as per following and doing his steps. I mostly watched them, and after that I started coding my own. Since then I knew more or like how to do stuff, and if in doubt, I could just find the tutorial I needed. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

MiteWiseacreLives!

Cassiebsg is right. They're great tutorials but mostly for reference, he does a good job of bridging the gaps after you've looked over the manual. Those videos are a few years old now, for the most part they're on spot but a few bits are outdated now.  :) (maybe grab some Reality On The Norm assets?)

LootHunter

Thanks. Cool idea - using the RON resources.8-) I'll definitely can use character sprites. Though I couldn't find similar room, but I think I'll just make screenshot from game itself or the tutorial.:-D

P.S. Btw, maybe you can add a link to RON (http://realityonthenorm.info/resources.html) right in the tutorial section, so people who used to follow tutorials exactly (like me) would not be confused.???

Yusami

I just now realized I had replies waiting so to everyone who responded with help I'm sorry for missing them! Thank you all!

I haven't heard word from them, LootHunter, no, but the idea for RON assets is fine with me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk