[RELEASED] BSG78 - Unexpected at the Rising Star

Started by Cassiebsg, Fri 26/02/2016 21:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Hey guys!
Just a quick update to say that Michael is still going string and adding voice acting lines to Deimos. :-D
I've taken a "break" to do MAGS, but am back now, so back to work.

Still looking for 2 male voices! See post above!

EDIT2: Help with voice acting has now been found! Who knew that people actually read this thread! :-D Thanks.
I'll post the cast list soon. But right now am trying to fix my MAGS entry... removing the few bug that are still there (some minor, one not so minor)...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cassiebsg

Was hoping to post the intro, but having a bit of problems with it... in the mean time you can look at this picture... :D

Model by Richard Dyke, rendering and exhaust fumes by me:

Now I "just" need to "move" the model to the scene and animate it. :-D

Oh, and voice cast list is up on the first page. ;)

AnasAbdin

8-0 8-0 8-0
this is one awesome 3D model! I can't wait to see it moving in space!

Cassiebsg

Okay, another of my "picture-less" update posts.
Just wanted to say that most of the technical (and more "pseudo"-complicated code is now done!)
Finally I have a functional blaster! Always wanted one and now I do! :-D

So, now all it's missing is coding the 2 alternate ends, connect code to a couple puzzles (they are in, but just not entirely sewed to the "action"), and... yes, re-render my characters and create new animations to complete the fun. (nod)

So... let's see how much I can do this week. I honestly hope that we'll be seeing the first beta by the end of the week or during next week!

*note to self* Do NOT keep adding stuff! (roll)

CaptainD

You do only mean you have a functional blaster in the game, right?  RIGHT?!?

Looking forward to seeing this.  Will it be relatively obvious how to trigger each of the alternate endings?

Cassiebsg

Right! (nod)

And no, well, some will be obvious, but you'll have to work for others (unless you do it by accident). ;)

in locked game you have: End as in the episode, or a variant but with same result.
In unklocked mode: You still have the two above, plus alternate end and Easter egg end.

I just wrote 2 paper napkins worth of text for the Easter egg end at work. Now I just need to add it to the game. (laugh)

Cassiebsg

Sorry for the delay guys! :~(

I'll just add that 1st Beta is almost ready for our brave testers. Only problem right now is a bug on my verbcoin that is crashing the game. :-\

So please be patient, your regular program will soon be ready for public eyes!

EDIT: I seem to have now crushed all major bugs and the various endings seem to be all working. Tomorrow (or today, since it's already past midnight over here) I'll do a couple more play run tests and if nothing major shows up, Beta 1 will be build, uploaded and released to our brave Beta testers! :-D

Cassiebsg

Good news everyone! :-D

Beta 1.0 has been sent out to our brave team of testers... and a few minutes after I fix it, and sent 1.1 out. (roll)
Already fixed a number of small and problematic bugs, so testing is serving it's purpose! (nod)

Anyway, if you're suppose to be on the beta team and I missed you, send me a PM or reply here, and I'll send you the link (and sorry for missing you)!

SilverSpook

Nice starship there!  I'd test but unfortunately got way too much on the plate at the moment outside of gamedev x.x 

Good luck on it though!

Cassiebsg

Oh look! It's a pillow! How fluffy and soft! (laugh)

Jack

Oh pillow, you're so much better than other pillows. I won't let them take you from me, pillow.

SilverSpook

Nice work I like the pillow :)  and the pillow lighting.

Cassiebsg

Thanks guys. :)

I'm still working new animations, and fighting with Blender to do what I tell it to do... (roll)

Anyway, here's an idle animation. Decided to go with just a bit breathing movement... and blink (sorry for the white BG, but Corel sucks for making gifs).

AnasAbdin

I love it  ;-D
Just hope he's not blinking every nano second in the view  ;)

Cassiebsg

Thanks
Am still trying to figure out the correct rate for the blink, but the gif does blink faster than the view.

AnasAbdin

Nah I know it's a gif thing.. it'll be easy to implement in the character's view. Usually I have 4 different speech sprites. I create a 13 frames loop with the speech sprites looped 3 times.. and throw a blinking view in between  ;)
I like to put the blink sprite before mid way though to make sure it would be used for single words..

e.g.
speech sprites: 1 2 3 4
blink sprite: x
[ 1 2 3 x 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 ]

Cassiebsg

Okay, after having some trouble with Starbuck (yes, he's a bad bad boy!) I have now solved it, so am now rendering his animations! (nod)
In the mean time I've worked on the Easter Egg, and must say I'm fairly happy/proud of it... but I don't want to spoil it, so not showing.

I'll post a new animation later on. (nod)

EDIT: Okay... I finally remembered to do a gif. :-D
You can thank jwalt for this one, as he's the one that gave me the inspiration for this scene!

[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/ncst1zX.gif[/IMGzoom]

SilverSpook

Good work there!  He's a mad hacker! 

Is he reaching over something to do the chopping?

AnasAbdin

I can hear him! Lovely animation  :) I need to learn 3D character modeling  :~(

CaptainD

Looks like I'm going to have to voice him going "HIIIIIIIIII-YAA!!!!" to go with this action?!!? ;-D

This game just looks better and better.  Great work!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk