[RELEASED] BSG78 - Unexpected at the Rising Star

Started by Cassiebsg, Fri 26/02/2016 21:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Thanks guys! :)

No, but I've deliberately left out what he's chopping at... don't want to spoil the beans. ;)

@CaptainD, sure go ahead! :) Must admit I hadn't thought of a sound for this one. (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Cassiebsg

Quick update to say progress is back moving forward after some hibernation during August. Did a bunch of the missing animations and have now started adding them to the game. There are now not many obvious missing, but I'll only know exactly how many are missing once I add the batch I've made in the past few days in.

On a brighter note, Eric Galluzzo has agreed to work on the music score for the game! :-D And by the sample tracks he's shown me, I have every confidence he will add great value to the game while still maintaining the original BSG feel. (nod) And I expect 99% of the players to play the game with this music score. ;)

CaptainD

Great news!  Eric is a fantastic composer (and a jolly nice chap too ;-D)!

AnasAbdin

Sounds awesome :-D
hope to listen to some of the samples too!

Cassiebsg

Guess it's been a while since I lasted updated this. :-[
Mostly it's cause I've already shown "everything" there is to... if I show more there won't be anything to explore in the game... (laugh)

So... today I decided to make a small video (little did I know I would spend the "entire" (read as: my free time) day doing it. :-[

Anyway.... hope it was worth it (sorry for the low quality video, but I really wasn't in the mood to upload 3GB of uncompressed video to youtube, and the codecs I currently have installed suck).

Music: Eric Galluzo (based on original sound track by Stu Phillips)

Voice acting is still missing... But hopefully I'll soon finish adding all the missing animations and fine tunes... here's me hoping at least. (nod)

AnasAbdin

Stupot

Looking really good, Cass. Keep up the good work :-D

Cassiebsg

Cassiebsg

Okay, little update today. :)

Just sent the last scripts to the voice actors a few minutes ago. :-D
I've been actively and very methodically play testing and fixing any bugs and glitches I find. Can say that finally my bugs list is starting to become slightly smaller. (nod)
So game is progressing, slowly but steady. :)

If all goes well, I hope to get next Beta out before the end of the year (preferably before next weekend). ;)

SilverSpook

Looks pretty great! All the moving parts are in place!  Nice work there.

Cassiebsg

Unfortunately, every time I try something "new" I find a new bug, then I fix it, and create a couple more... :-[
Due to this fact, I have yet to finish the beta, so my hopes to send it to the testers this year is now pretty much gone... let's hope 2017 will bring the end of my buggy game. (laugh)

And Happy New Yahren to all! :-D

Cassiebsg

I've finally seem to have been able to remove most bugs (I don't want to jinx it and say "all"), so Beta 0.1.6 has just now been dispatched to our hero Beta testers! (nod)
Since some of the testers seem to suffers from lack of feedback, I could use one or 2 more, if you have the time and will. (nod)

Cassiebsg

After the unstoppable jwalt breaking the game in multiple ways and finding the weirdest of bugs, 0.1.7 was quickly dispatched to all testers. I'm now slowly patching known bugs and trying to patch those weird bugs, without breaking the game.

Voice packs for the waiter and Athena have been added to the game now, and got a new voice for the intercomm receptionist (cause I sucked (laugh) ).

Wednesday I'll be returning home, and I'll then work out the sprites that need replacing.

AnasAbdin

I want Wednesday to be now (laugh)
I can imagine the amount of work and frustration of this stage of production. Good luck :)

Cassiebsg

Brand new character! Well...

[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/c7MqFV2.gif[/IMGzoom]

I guess he's neither "brand new" nor "new"... but I just made him after 3 failed attempts. (roll)
And his uniform still sucks, I know. But I may not change it, since he's only got a few lines and only has a portrait sprite anyway... (laugh) And I need to leave room for improvement for the next game anyway. ;)

Danvzare

Eek, those mouth movements are scary. (laugh)

The model itself though, looks absolutely gorgeous. Good job.

SilverSpook

Looks pretty good there!  He looks kind of like old Michael Fassbender.

jwalt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 15/01/2017 03:03:06
Brand new character! Well...

[IMGzoom]http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258/Cassiebsg/BSG78/Adama_Speech.gif[/IMGzoom]

I guess he's neither "brand new" nor "new"... but I just made him after 3 failed attempts. (roll)
And his uniform still sucks, I know. But I may not change it, since he's only got a few lines and only has a portrait sprite anyway... (laugh) And I need to leave room for improvment for the next game anyway. ;)

If you do improve him, I'd keep this one. You might find other uses for him, particularly if you pull the ears out a bit:
Spoiler

[close]

Cassiebsg

Cassiebsg

Improved Adama's portait a little bit. Am fairly happy with it now. (nod)

Portraits with Speech animations done today:

Starbuck , Cassiopeia, Deimos & Master Jarl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk