Reality TV questions

Started by miguel, Mon 14/03/2016 11:56:50

Previous topic - Next topic

miguel

Hi guys,
Can you tell me who's the character in charge of Reality TV? Is there a reporter for the station?
I don't want to create any more characters, so who would make a good (female if possible) character out of the existing cast for the roles above?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Renegade Implementor

Reality TV hasn't featured in any games, so the staff are all uncreated/unknown.  Since you want to avoid making new characters I can suggest the following characters would would be easiest to fit into some role at the station as they're not predefined with an existing job/role:

Unnamed Fat Man: Has only appeared in 1 game so far, nothing is none about what his profession is, doesn't even have a name.  Would require new sprites to put him in a suit.

Frank Jones: His profession is unknown (as far as I'm aware).  Would require new spirtes to put him in a suit.

Louis Darcy: Investigate journalist with 25 years of experience.

Jennifer Barnes: An aerobic instructor at the fitness centre.  Could host a morning exercise program.

Mrs. Stringstein: Thakbor's mum.

Edit: It occured to me that students could be working at a location such as Reality TV as part of a school credit co-op education program.

miguel

Great stuff!
I already have Louis darcy and those other names will work just fine!
Thanks for the tips

jwalt

Is there a TV Station? I've encountered what appears to be a radio staion K-YATZ. Just asking, 'cause I don't know.

Renegade Implementor

See my previous post, although you can read about the time it hosted Big Brother RON if you head to the fiction section on the RoN site. :)

miguel

Hello again my friends,
I could not find the Library playing Ron's VR game and also couldn't find a look-a-like building like the Library on the map.
What I will use as the Library is that nice building on the top-left corner of the map ( the one that has some kind of a garden with a nice green roundabout ).
I want to know your opinion or even if I missed the building on the map completely.

Just for the record:
I've assigned Louis Darcy as the reporter for Reality TV;
FatMan as his cameraman;
Mrs. Stringstein as the Librarian;
Nameless Law Official is now the Sheriff's Deputy and is called Morrissey;

Renegade Implementor

The Anthony Hahn Library is on the corner next to the municipal building across from Chez Chef & the Red Apt building (try going south of Chez Chef if you're in the town square, or going to the right side of the screen if you're in the red apt exterior).  While you can still get to it in older version of Virtual Reality, I did upload a new version that adds road crossings that make it clearer where the room change spots are in the town square room.

Don't forget, there's also the maps in the faq section on the site.
http://www.realityonthenorm.info/images/misc/20151027-townmap.png

miguel

Hey thanks a lot R.I. ! Much easier now with that map (now I see you had mentioned it before, so sorry again!) !

By the way, the library background is pretty cool. Congrats to the artist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk