Nobody Cares

Started by xBRANEx, Sun 20/03/2016 20:36:49

Previous topic - Next topic

xBRANEx

Hello everyone,

After a lot of work I finally managed to get my game in the finish line.
This is my first game, at least first that I was even close to finishing, so I decided it is the right time to announce it.

The game is more of a interactive movie than a real point n' click adventure so the emphasis will not be on the puzzles, rather on the story, dialogue and, well, philosophy. I estimate it will be a 10-15 minutes long gaming experience.

The Story

Francis Weigner is a writter. He had success with some shallow books in the past but this time he is writing for real. The book he is finishing now is his masterpiece. He knows he will never write anything better. This book is the best of him.
How does someone continue to work after a piece of work like that? How does someone explain that feeling to others and how does he cope with lack of understanding about his work? He speaks to his neighbours, to his mother, to his girlfriend and tries to consume it all.
Well, that's it.

Screenshots

SCREENSHOT UPDATE 9.7.2016:

Progress

Story:100%
Art:80%
Scripting:90%
Music:90%

Expected completion date

End of July

Danvzare

Ooh, looks interesting.
Keep up the good work! :-D

Mandle

I find myself caring about this game!

Cassiebsg

Looks good, though most likely not my type (I like puzzle games, no so much interactive stories).
Still keep up the good work! And good luck! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

xBRANEx

The game is coming along nicely, I'm super satisfied. I've ditched the voice-acting, improved the art and animations of everything and added a few puzzles. I hope I will finish everything by the end of june.
I'm thankful for your comments, even though I'm not a reply kind of guy, more of a read and smile kind of guy.

Stupot

Looking good, my friend. All the best.

luisdementia

Very interesting. Looking forward to playing it!

AnasAbdin

Unique idea. I love it ;-D
Good luck and hope to try the finished game soon 8-)

Creamy

An introspective game about a writer? It could be interesting. I can only think of books and movies about them. Good luck with it.

Mandle

I'm getting more and more excited about this game the closer it gets to the finish line!

It reminds me a bit of the movie "As Good As It Gets", which I love!

xBRANEx

Last update before I get my game on the streets...

Didn't work on the game for a while but finally I'll have time in upcoming weeks. I've added another room for my game to amplify the story, I really like how it looks. This is the last time I'm changing my completion date because the game is playable even now and I will get it out even if it's not perfectly right.

I've added another background for you to see.

Cheers! And thanks for the support!

Cassiebsg

Cool, looking forward! (nod)

Just remember to get a couple beta testers, you'll be surprised how many bugs you'll be able to patch before release. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

xBRANEx

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on finishing!

I'm sure people care (been waiting awhile to say that!).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk