Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

That's a good lookin' fish man there. :)

Dave Gilbert

My AdventureX talk has hit Youtube! It's called "Instinct Vs. Experience" and I talked a lot about Unavowed's development.

SilverSpook

Great talk man, good to know writer's block happens to the best of us.

Dave Gilbert

Idling in the rain by a dead body.

Danvzare

I like how that cop is just nonchalantly looking at her watch, despite there being a dead body right beside her.
I can almost imagine her saying: "Ugh, can I go now, it's not like someone important died." (laugh)

AndyfromVA

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Sun 27/11/2016 09:56:44
My AdventureX talk has hit Youtube! It's called "Instinct Vs. Experience" and I talked a lot about Unavowed's development.
I enjoyed it very much, Dave.  I'm looking forward to the game's release!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Tue 29/11/2016 16:13:07
Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Sun 27/11/2016 09:56:44
I enjoyed it very much, Dave.  I'm looking forward to the game's release!

So am I, believe me!

selmiak

Cool atmosphere. Though it hurts my sense for symmetry that this damned corpse couldn't die in the middle, right under the structure ;-D
Some occational flashes in the distance could also add to the atmosphere when idling around.

Dave Gilbert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdVRFtcbuM

I was interviewed by Adventure Corner about Unavowed!

Dave Gilbert

Hanging out with a jinn in Central Park's North Woods.

Scavenger

The background and character art in all of these are really beautiful, like some of the best I've seen. I will definitely play this when it's released.

Though, I didn't want to bring it up, but, I think the character poses may be a little.... static? In all of these you have characters just standing around, regardless of the circumstance, and it's kind of jarring and takes something away from it. Like even in the chase scene screenshot? Everyone is so... unenthused about what is happening, and I can't tell what anyone is feeling in the scene. Is it supposed to be tense, scary, or really dull and pedestrian? It's a real shame because the art itself is so beautiful and it looks really compelling otherwise.

Cassiebsg

woooow 8-0 Lovely! (nod)
All the small animations makes BG even more alive than it already is! Good job.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

TheBlindRabbit

It looks so alive!
The graphics are gorgeous and the story looks mesmerizing, as always :)
Can't wait to play it
Play Tester for SilverSpook's Neofeud !

Dave Gilbert

Been while since I uploaded a screenshot. Here's a bunch of animation to tide you over!

Cassiebsg

Great! love it how everything looks so alive. (nod)

Dave Gilbert

\o/ Thank you! The GIF compression does it no favors. I'm hoping to put together a nice teaser trailer soon.

Blondbraid

What an awesome GIF, the fire and rain effects ar just amazing! 8-0

Dave Gilbert

I did a little devstream of the game today, where I implemented a bunch of new art assets and answer questions about the game. Everything is very non-spoilery, aside from things I've spoken about publicly already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYgFEJjE__Q

SilverSpook

Awesome!  Cool to see the inner workings of Wadjet Eye production.

Cassiebsg

Uff, that was a long 1H and 39min!... took me all evening. (laugh)
But really cool video, that's for sure! Thanks bunch for sharing. (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk