Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

SilverSpook

Awesome!  I have personally been pitching my AGS game to the more mainstream gamer / tech-nerd community as, "Like an RPG, minus the combat".  So I really like the concept of taking that idea further in Unavowed, with an actual RPG designer.  RPGs have always had great storylines, but then often they can get bogged down in the programmer-wonkishness of the combat.  Also, basically making combat a central component makes it really hard not to ultimately have your main character be a mass-murderer -- of goblins and trolls, or cyborg guttersnipes in a cyberpunk RPG -- but a mass-murder nonetheless.  This can make it tough to suspend teh disbelief and strains the storytelling.  It lessens the narrative impact of actual deaths. 

So I applaud the effort, and Jennifer Hepler.  Really looking forward to this!

CrashPL

I've read about this game on several polish general gaming/adventure games sites, and I'm already all excited about it. :D Can't wait!

Dave Gilbert

This is Mandana. She's a djinn swordswoman.

Frodo

Wow!  Amazing animation!  :shocked::grin:

Hobo

That animation does look pretty neat indeed, the .gif kind of ruins it a bit, though. Also, that's a very inefficient use of the light bulbs, don't djinnis like lamps?

I'm not very big on urban fantasy and paranormal myself, so I was actually hoping that you'll step out of your comfort zone and try something completely different after the Blackwell series, but at least this means that it's guaranteed to be another excellent game. Have a smooth and hassle-free development process!

Dave Gilbert

Gratuitous sewer level.

Mandle

Very cool!!!

But I think the animation on the water pouring out on the far left might have some sprite-boxing issues going on?

It seems to jump around a lot...

And I for one do not want you to step out of your comfort-zone of urban/supernatural...The world needs another series as amazing as Blackwell in that very genre!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Slasher

:(  wish i could those types of backgrounds and sprites.

Looks fabulastic (laugh)

selmiak

this looks pretty badass! 8-)
But this guy burning there would cast a lot more flickering lights everywhere on these shiny surfaces and light up that gaping hole in the ground!
To make it even more dramatic I'd even give a flicker to the white lightsource in the background there, you know the energy from that guy influences the world around and so ;)
but enough of the sithlordteasing for now...

Dave Gilbert

Been awhile since I popped into this thread. Hi, folks. Here's another screenshot gif:

Crimson Wizard

Is this some tactical rpg battle there?
Does Icey games have anything to do with this?
:cool:

AnasAbdin

Spooky 8-0 love the art! I can't stop thinking about that dude in the circle going: Om (laugh)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 30/07/2016 18:09:11
Is this some tactical rpg battle there?
Does Icey games have anything to do with this?
:cool:

Hah. It does kind of look like that. But no to both questions.

luisdementia

This looks awesome. Can't wait to play this.

Dave Gilbert

A fun effect that we implemented today!

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

luisdementia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk