Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

Interesting story-line, Dave. And Ben, man this looks a-ma-zing!

ThreeOhFour

Thanks for the nice words, everybody!

I posted this on Twitter a while ago and figured it would be nice to share here also: a process gif showing how one of the scenes for the game takes shape.

AnasAbdin

I love seeing things being added, changed or removed. Tells a lot about the person creating the backgroud and how they think (laugh)

Danvzare

Wow, that's a really interesting way to make a background. I love things like these. They make me feel like I'm learning something. :-D
I can't imagine starting a background as a series of blobs though.

I love how the sign gets more decrepit throughout the process. It makes it look like it's more like a gif of the passage of time than of how that background was made. (laugh)

Andail

Nice, Ben!
Have been thinking of publishing similar in-progress gifs for my own scenes.

xBRANEx

That's amazing! More of that!

selmiak

Animations like this are always interesting. What's also interesting to me is, do you use any perspective lines or do you just draw and then every now and then add some perspective lines? Add them when you make more of these gifs (if you dare) ;)
The palette looks so much like autumn already :P

Cassiebsg

Lovely!
Thanks for sharing the "making of" :D Always fascinating to see how great artists work! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

ThreeOhFour

Andail: would enjoy seeing.

Selmiak: I keep a premade perspective grid on a separate layer for me to refer to when I need a guide, like so:

selmiak

Cool! Thanks Ben!

homelightgames

I love the increased detail in the backgrounds and especially the characters. It's inspiring. I would love to see a longer video of the process of painting the backgrounds.

Amazing work you guys.

visionmind

edit. Ahh, that's what I was looking for, a speedpainting, I knew there was an easier way to describe that. I completely spaced it there. Thanks for that CrashPL

shaun9991

This is looking epic and amazing. Super amazing work as always from you guys! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CrashPL

Yeah, the quality is truly amazing. 8-0 I agree with visionmind, you should definitely do a speedpaint video someday, as I'd love to see the entire process too!

Mandle

Loving that new BG...The redish sky is quite ominous: Reminds me of Ex Mortis...

Cogliostro

Wadjet Eye Games is doing a Harry Dresden tribute game?!

AAAAAAAAWESOME!!

Tell me one of the characters is going to be smartass!  Seriously, someone on the project has to be a smart-ass.  Turn them loose during beta testing and have them come up with their own comments to give it the required spontaneous feel.  Obviously this would have to be for one of the secondary characters but still.

- Coglisotro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Dave Gilbert

Not a "tribute" but definitely heavily inspired by it. I'm a big Dresden fan.

Squall_Leonheart

Oh friend this is amazing!
I hope to play it very soon, because it is so...Mesmerizing...
The backgrounds and the animation are very professional and fluent.
Very good jood.

Dave Gilbert

If anyone is at Pax West this weekend, Unavowed is being shown at booth 6003. Look for this spiffy banner:

Just got word that the creative director of Dragon Age is playing it. No big.

Cassiebsg

8-0 Amazing!
Can I get it when you done with it? (roll) (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

KyriakosCH

Wow...

!

This does look awesome.

I am tempted to try at the same resolution in the future :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk