Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

xandmatt

Looking forward to this one! Looks very good.

SilverSpook

Livin' the dream! 

Who did that big Unavowed poster by the way?  Looks uber spiffy.

Dave Gilbert

*looks at desk covered in dirty coffee mugs*

Yep, living the dream all right.

Ben did the poster! It was kind of a last-minute thing.

AndyfromVA

You're killing me, guys, with your teasers.

Dave Gilbert

Magic! Guns! Grimy alleys!

Blondbraid

Danvzare

I've just realized, the dark gritty look, a guy with a trench-coat wielding magic, this looks very similar to Constantine.
Why did they have to cancel that TV show. :~( (At least there are the comics I suppose.)

Dave Gilbert

Hah. The look we were going for was "business Dresden" but we'll take Constantine! :)

Mandle

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Mon 19/09/2016 16:30:40
Magic! Guns! Grimy alleys!

This is beautiful! And it's so all about everything I love in any kind of fiction: The impossible appearing suddenly in the mundane world!

I cannot wait to play this game!

Crimson Wizard

Damn, Mandle, for a moment I thought Dave fixed that faulty vertical text offset...

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 21/09/2016 09:46:11
I've just realized, the dark gritty look, a guy with a trench-coat wielding magic, this looks very similar to Constantine.
Why did they have to cancel that TV show. :~( (At least there are the comics I suppose.)

Funnily enough the palette for this game evolved directly from when I was messing around with Constantine/Sandman stuff after WB mentioned they were interested in an adventure game to Dave!

AnasAbdin

The choice of colors and lights you use has a weird harmony I can't put my finger on. The orange background sky and the blue indoor lights shouldn't work together in theory but they do! ???

Blue Bee

I knew I'd seen that! I remember Neil Gaiman retweeted that picture, Hellblazer is an amazing comic... I think it's why I always imagine the fire mage to have a northern english accent...

A shame that the Hellblazer game didn't happen hence my delight when Unavowed was announced 

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 30/09/2016 13:24:15
The choice of colors and lights you use has a weird harmony I can't put my finger on. The orange background sky and the blue indoor lights shouldn't work together in theory but they do! ???

A lot of my colour choices are pretty standard examples of using a palette of complementary colours - I like how they allow very strong contrasts between zones of an image. In this case, however, I was trying to work the three traditional primary colours into a single shot for the sake of experimentation, and making a nice blue bit for the warmly coloured Constantine to be framed by and a nice reddish bit for the coolly coloured Morpheus and Death to be framed by.

Ben X

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Fri 30/09/2016 13:24:15
The orange background sky and the blue indoor lights shouldn't work together in theory but they do! ???

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrangeBlueContrast

Immediately back on-topic: this looks great, I really like that font, and it's immediately better than the Constantine show because the trenchcoats in Ben's art actually look like they've seen a bit of use.

Dave Gilbert

A little scene I implemented yesterday. Lots of things working together.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Sun 16/10/2016 14:26:17
A little scene I implemented yesterday. Lots of things working together.

All those people are moving in reverse time? because that boat on background... it floats backwards... Such a bizzare thing :).

The shadows are cool btw.

AnasAbdin

Looks cool ;-D
The last man needs a few frames before he stops IMO 8-) a little tug on the boat as the others land :P

Danvzare

Looks like a never before seen scene from a Broken Sword game. :-D
I love those running animations!

Cassiebsg

Really nicely done! (nod)
And +1 to what CW and AnasAbdin said.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk