Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Looks great, though that last man can thank video game physics that he's not in the river!

SilverSpook

Great job there, must've taken hours to get all the orchestration orchestrated!

I was gonna say, maybe do a Scooby-Doo skid-stop, but that's a lot of extra work.

I kind of feel bad for that one left behind, though.  It will be tough to be the only Russian who didn't catch Hillary Clinton. :)

selmiak

Oh, the tension! ;-D
But it's easy, that left behind guy isn't even exhausted or mad! :-D

ThreeOhFour

It's okay everybody, please relax, I have animated him skidding to a halt. :=

(the backwards boat is all Dave, though :cheesy:)

Dave Gilbert

You asked for it. We gave in. :)

Cassiebsg

Perfect! (nod)
Awesome job guys!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Snarky

Andail

I want an animation of him almost falling over the edge, comically flailing his arms and regaining his balance in the last second.
DRAW.

Good job, joking aside :) It's not common to see so much animation going on in AGS games...

ThreeOhFour

It's interesting how the setup of the game affects the amount of animation, too. Maybe you picked the female character - that means a different running animation and jumping animation for one of the characters. Maybe you picked a different companion - that's another running and jumping animation. Depending on who you pick to take with you, and what order you pick them in, someone else can end up standing on the edge of the pier watching, which means two other characters needed a 'skidding to a halt' animation. It's much denser than I'm accustomed to, and the sort of work that suits a full time role pretty well.

Interestingly, when I started I was quite nervous about the prospect of doing higher resolution characters, and spent hours doing test animations, tweaks, and trying to figure out what works. We've had to make some changes along the way, too. But the intensity of the project has meant that I've grown fairly accustomed to working at this resolution pretty quick, and it's not quite so intimidating. Nice to have a challenge, even if some days I look at my todo list with some measure of apprehension. :=

Dave Gilbert

Practice makes perfect.

selmiak

Cool. Seems like it is animation time for unavowed. Give us more of this fluid movement and cool flames and lightshow  8-)

Snarky

Sweetness! Are all the fireball effects and so on hand-animated, or rendered with AfterEffects or some similar special effects suite?

selmiak

you should get icey on board for even flashier animations := 8-) :-D

Darth Mandarb

STOP!

Let's stay on target here.

ThreeOhFour

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 21/10/2016 15:24:30
Sweetness! Are all the fireball effects and so on hand-animated, or rendered with AfterEffects or some similar special effects suite?

In this case they're rendered!

exsile

There is action in this game correct?

Dave Gilbert

Depends what you mean by action. There are action charged scenes for sure, but there's no arcadey combat sections.

Dave Gilbert

Being chased down the Hudson River by a sea monster. As one is.

Blondbraid

Looks cool, and great animations in the last GIFs! 8-)

Slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk