MAGS April "Natural Disasters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/04/2016 08:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

Quote from: Creamy on Fri 08/04/2016 15:26:04
QuoteWorking title "ERUPTION!"...
I love your backgrounds, Miez. I can't wait to play this.

Let me know if you need a lousy Van Halen cover :-D

Thanks! But I think we've got this :-D ... our story is complete (the body count is in the thousands!), Cat is working on puzzles, dialogue and character sketches. I've started work on the background art, so far pretty happy with our title screen:

Miez

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Sun 03/04/2016 02:06:29
Alright, here we go!

In 'Prepared' you play a suburban survivalist father living in a middle American suburb in the 1960's. You've just finished a Do-It-Yourself fallout shelter in your backyard when a disaster warning comes on the radio. It's finally your time to shine! Spend the last few hours before the disaster strikes gathering supplies and, if time permits, your family.

I'm aiming for 'A Serious Man' meets 'Falling Down'.

Very nice artwork!

Kumpel

Thanks! But I think we've got this :-D ... our story is complete (the body count is in the thousands!), Cat is working on puzzles, dialogue and character sketches. I've started work on the background art, so far pretty happy with our title screen:

Please find the time and animate that title screen! Pretty pleaaaase! (nod)(nod)(nod)

Miez

Quote from: Kumpel on Fri 08/04/2016 17:44:01
Please find the time and animate that title screen! Pretty pleaaaase! (nod)(nod)(nod)

Haha, well - we'd rather spend our time on in-game animations but if we have some time left... sure!

Mandle

Death and destruction has rarely looked so gorgeous...

I also snuck in some time last night and did a little work on my background...Nothing worth showing yet though...

Funkpanzer

Ahhh Miez, that looks awesome!

I've been hacking away at this from all angles and got the time, money, and fuel scripts working properly, as well as a working service station (still a work in progress):

Right now the game is looking to be extremely short and I haven't figure out if I want to make it longer and more complex, or give the player more reason to replay it for a higher score. It's reminding me a lot of the bargain bin games I used to get for my Amiga like The Three Stooges or Detroit. :-D

Also, be on the lookout for a younger version of a certain nurse...

selmiak

wow, what you guys are showing is absolutely beutiful, keep it coming!
This will be a good month for mags games!

Mandle

Almost have my background done to an ingame workable level, and I really want to stay up past 1AM (current time) and see how all the seperate parts interact, but a bad head cold and a sensible wife are both telling me it's time to hit the hay...

Mandle

My cold has cleared finally, and so I tested my background tonight at a very crude level...And, at a very crude level, it is working quite nicely, except that I now realize I must enter the realm of hand-drawn liquid animation to get it behaving just right...And also apply some parabolic math to the scrolling function...

I so want to get on all that right now, but the sensible part of me (my wife) is telling me I should get some sleep...

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 11/04/2016 15:53:41
My cold has cleared finally,...

Of course it has, because it traveled half around the globe and got me today.

Funkpanzer

I've fallen deep into the rabbit hole and spent my entire weekend creating some kind of calculator simulator. :-[

The game now calculates how much the weight of items in your car affects fuel economy, total calories and "hydration" currently in your main inventory and stockpile, and store shelves deplete their stock over time. It still needs some refinement but it's starting to feel like an actual game now! Next I need to allow the player to drop items off at home, and script the other three stores. Oh... and Gary could probably use some arms...

Here is the "Survivalist Log" that updates with side-quests, and tally's:

Cassiebsg

What?? You got that all wrong!?
A Gun is the first essential! If all else fails you can just rob the other suckers that stock piled on food  and beverages and thought "gun is non essential". (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

adipson

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 12/04/2016 15:30:44
What?? You got that all wrong!?
A Gun is the first essential! If all else fails you can just rob the other suckers that stock piled on food  and beverages and thought "gun is non essential". (laugh)

and machete !
because the ammunition are not unlimited and it's better in the melee ... even for irradiated zombies! :)
POINT AND CLICK
2023-2024 : Magret & FaceDeBouc : https://store.steampowered.com/app/2661780/Magret__FaceDeBouc/
2019-2022 : Grandma Badass : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1606640/
Official website : https://adipson-studio.com/

Danvzare

Quote from: adipson on Tue 12/04/2016 15:42:02
and machete !
because the ammunition are not unlimited and it's better in the melee ... even for irradiated zombies! :)

Who needs bullets. You can usually just wave a gun around and people will do whatever you ask. (laugh)

Stupot

About halfway there. Things are looking great.

This guy appeared on Iain Lee's radio show the other week: http://www.ukpreppersguide.co.uk/
Although he's off his rocker he have a great interview and has definitely put a lot of thought into how to survive various scenarios.

Mandle

Snuck in some time today to work on background dynamics...No actualy gameplay exists and I do not even have a "Harry Caine" character sprite yet...

But, my entry is mainly an experiment in how to pull off a dynamic background so, even if that's the only thing I get done, I'll still be entering this MAGS...

Hopefully I actually get a game together though...

Miez

Ok, fluid dynamics are HARD! :( Cat is working on some cutting edge lava simulation code. Glad I'm not a coder, it would make my head explode (I mean, she sent me this: https://github.com/juniperoserra/jsWater :-\ ).
But yeah - we're progressing well (sofar).

cat

Yeah, at least that timed pixel-hunt puzzle is done. But I dare to say, progress is SWEET!

Mandle

I started on the "Harry Caine" character sprite tonight...

It's the fully naked version, as I plan to layer his clothing on top, and I'm still not decided just yet whether to give him some visible junk to swing in the wind, or to mosaic it...

What does everyone think? Which is funnier? The full-frontal genital approach for the shock value, or the subtle, censored approach?

There is a third option that I may go with as well, but that's best left a secret I feel...

Kumpel

i personally like characters with heart patterned underwear :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk