MAGS April "Natural Disasters" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Fri 01/04/2016 08:17:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Miez

YES! My first +10 Gigadeath! The simulator part of "Eruption!" is (mostly) up and running:

Now for the truly tricky part... multiplayer :-\

Danvzare

Ooh, looks nice.
And did you say multiplayer... ok, you had my curiosity, now you have my attention!

selmiak

selmiak

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 15/04/2016 16:41:08
I started on the "Harry Caine" character sprite tonight...

It's the fully naked version, as I plan to layer his clothing on top, and I'm still not decided just yet whether to give him some visible junk to swing in the wind, or to mosaic it...

What does everyone think? Which is funnier? The full-frontal genital approach for the shock value, or the subtle, censored approach?

There is a third option that I may go with as well, but that's best left a secret I feel...

I true hurricane shakes everything. EVERYTHING! if the gameplay is to blow off the clothes of harry cane and if the pixeljunk is nicely animated this is pretty funny methinks...
But then I also think a monster tearing of my skin is funny, so yeah...

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 18/04/2016 15:07:05
if the gameplay is to blow off the clothes of harry cane

Not exactly the imagined gameplay, but pretty close:

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the game, but hopefully I will find it here and there to get it done, as I really love the basic slapstick comedy of those weather reporter dudes standing out, and risking their lives, in insane-force hurricanes while they try to make their 2-minutes-of-fame-reports for the usually sedate weather section of the news. Why not just stand somewhere safer, like inside a building with a good view to the outside right behind them, and say the exact same report?! I guess it's the only exciting thing a meteorologist reporter can do to have something to talk about when they meet up with the war-zone reporters at the yearly whatever...

Maybe I'm just a bit warped, but there is just something intrinsically hilarious about those reports for me...

Miez

Boy oh boy, multiplayer turned out to be a bit more of a nightmare than expected but we think we've got it stable at 64 players per instance! Thanks in no small part to the technical wizards at PhotonEngine... And just for good measure Cat decided to run AGS through her custom 3D API that allows you to - tada - play the scenario module on Oculus, Vive and Gear VR!

Of course the models need some work and the buildings have no textures yet but that's in the works.
Next up: in-app purchases and the quicktime events...

Cassiebsg

This will either be the game of the year, or the tease of the year. (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

thanks for putting this into words cassie :D
I had to check the date if it's not april the 1st, but somehow I'm pretty hyped for this steaming hot desaster simulator now. (laugh)

Mandle

Oh my God...

It looks like someone is planning to destroy the world!!!

With...with...

Spoiler
[close]

Miez

Cassiebsg

Ah... I was going to say this started out as a disaster already... but it's just the first puzzle! Nice! (nod)

EDIT: Nope... still a disaster! (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Okaaaaay...it's a bunch of maps of the island, some 3D renders of helicopters, buildings, etc, some smoke overlays, a flying dragon silhouette, a page from a little girl's diary from the 90's, etc etc...

Lovely looking art by the way, but....erm....why are you posting it? Was it supposed to be the game itself and you linked to the wrong dropbox file?

Your password was very easy to guess by the way, but I'm suspecting it was supposed to be?

I'm so confused now! (laugh)

Stupot

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 27/04/2016 01:19:34
Great. An ARG!

Augmented Reality Game? Hmmmmmmmm...you might be right...

So we might already be playing cat's and Miez's entry right here in this thread?!

*MIND BLOWN*

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 27/04/2016 03:59:16
Augmented Reality Game? Hmmmmmmmm...you might be right...

Good idea! Shouldn't be too hard to code. Let's see if I can squeeze that in until Saturday.

Mandle

Well...I spent a few insanely fun hours this afternoon recording the voice acting for a certain mister HARRY CAINE EXTREME WEATHER REPORTER...

Japan is so great in that a random foreigner yelling in english attracts no (police) attention whatsoever even though all my neighbours heard my performances for sure...

If I had yelled "TASUKETTE!!!" or "KAJI!!!" at the same volume I'm sure the police and emergency services would have paid me an immediate visit...

So yeah...those are two very good Japanese words to commit to memory if you are ever over here and might need assistance in a potential disaster...

Oh...and speaking of disasters:

My game is shaping up to be a complete one!!!

And that's the best thing about this theme: No matter which your interpretation of that phrase is, it will always be true at the end of the day!

cat

Miez

そã‚Å'! そã‚Å'!

Miez

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 27/04/2016 10:45:29
Oh...and speaking of disasters:

My game is shaping up to be a complete one!!!

Yay! looking forward to it!

Mandle

Quote from: Miez on Wed 27/04/2016 16:40:07
Yay! looking forward to it!

Well...I just invested 2 hours into animating a fox...And it ain't even very good...I'm screwed...

Except that maybe...just maybe...

Because of Golden Week here in Japan (A week off work at the start of May) I might just be able to pump the next 2 days into the game to get it reasonable...

God, why are MAGS so much fun?!

* Mandle runs off to see how his fox looks ingame...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk